Why the sync feature dosen’t works as expected?

Loom

Hi folks, 

At this moment in time, I have two devices with Evernote. One iPad Air2 and one Samsung Tab S 10,5.

I wanted to use  the sync feature between the two, because my main device have a broken LCD screen (I mean, the device itself works, not the screen) but I’m totally unable to sync and find ‘quick notes’ or any saved simple text notes (from one device to another), all I see it’s only one note from a booknote, but nothing about quick text notes and such text (only) notes (since I’m unable to say how I organized these notes imside the software, because the app organized the notes itself (not like a PC nor a Macintosh where you create and organize folders yourself as you wish, and where you want, here with Evernote, it’s a  proprietary and closed structure of all your Evernote datas, as I understand)

So, do I have any chance to resurect the missing notes from the Samsung through my iPad, from the web or/and from a PC/Mac as the app is able and supposed to do? It’s text files only, after all...

If I go for an upgrade version of Evernote (Plus or Premium), does that sync will works way back (without the need of a new configuration on both devices, by the nature and the structuration of datas inside the app itself, as promised by the 'sync' feature)?

Best Regards.

Loom

• Level 5*
On 12/25/2017 at 12:23 PM, Loom said:

So, do I have any chance to resurect the missing notes from the Samsung through my iPad, from the web or/and from a PC/Mac as the app is able and supposed to do?

The sync is between the server and your devices, not between devices.  With a desktop you can go to evernote.com to sign in and see what notes are on the server.  If the notes on your main device aren't on the server then you will need to try and sync them, which shouldn't be anything more than making sure you have an internet connection and opening the app if you can accomplish that on the old device.  If the notes are on the server, then you need to sync your new device, just pull the screen down when in note list context.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, CalS said:

The sync is between the server and your devices, not between devices.  With a desktop you can to to evernote.com to sign in and see what notes are on the server.  If the notes on your main device aren't on the server then you will need to try and sync them, which shouldn't be anything more than making sure you have an internet connection and opening the app if you can accomplish that on the old device.  If the notes are on the server, then you need to sync your new device, just pull the screen down when in note list context.

Thank you so much for you reply, but I tried it, and it dosen't works. Not at all except one very old note (what I don't know why it still there).

I can tell that because I can resurect my tablet (by the use of an external LCD screen) so I choosed to sync immediately to test your answer. But unfortunately, nothing happened from the Evernote web interface server after I sign in. Happy end for me, but what a shame for Evernote, offering a solution what dosen't work by itself!

And very lucky that I don't paid for an upgrade (for the premium or business version), since it dosen't works properly at all as expected.

Cheers.

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, Loom said:

Thank you so much for you reply, but I tried it, and it dosen't works. Not at all except one very old note (what I don't know why it still there).

I can tell that because I can resurect my tablet (by the use of an external LCD screen) so I choosed to sync immediately to test your answer. But unfortunately, nothing happened from the Evernote web interface server after I sign in. Happy end for me, but what a shame for Evernote, offering a solution what dosen't work by itself!

And very lucky that I don't paid for an upgrade (for the premium or business version), since it dosen't works properly at all as expected.

Cheers.

Okay.  To be clear though, whatever notes you have on evernote.com will sync to your other devices.  You do have to be sure and be using the right username and password.

Archived