Is anybody's note be automatically deleted ?

yuanopen

Hi,

I use mac version evernote software,

everything works fine, it's just that from time to time, I can't find some of my frequently used notes,

then I would find them in the trash bin and have to recover these notes manually.

I don't know why this happened and I have tried to find out that if there's anything I've done wrong.

But the same, once for a while, if I suddenly can't find these frequently used notes, then they are in the trash.

I'm somehow very upset about this since these notes are very important and can't undertake these kind of accidents.

How can I do to prevent this happen again?

Thanks !

• Level 5*
On 2017-12-25 at 3:50 AM, yuanopen said:

IHow can I do to prevent this happen again?

I've not had a problem with "automatic deletion"
You could check the Activity Log to see when the deletion occurred.  My log will show

2017/12/26 10:39:43:631 I|*   84082 -[ENMacEvernoteAccountDecorator(NoteDeletion) trashNotes:fromSource:]_block_invoke | User requested to move note to trash

You might want to consider implementing a backup process to allow recovery of lost data.  I have daily incremental backups and weekly full backups

• Level 5*
On 12/25/2017 at 4:50 AM, yuanopen said:

Hi,

I use mac version evernote software,

everything works fine, it's just that from time to time, I can't find some of my frequently used notes,

then I would find them in the trash bin and have to recover these notes manually.

I don't know why this happened and I have tried to find out that if there's anything I've done wrong.

But the same, once for a while, if I suddenly can't find these frequently used notes, then they are in the trash.

I'm somehow very upset about this since these notes are very important and can't undertake these kind of accidents.

How can I do to prevent this happen again?

Thanks !

Haven't seen any reports of automatic deletion.  More often than not these kind of surprises are related to inadvertent clicks of the mouse or presses on the keyboard.  If you are using any text expander type software sometimes hitting a hotkey in the wrong spot can cause unexpected consequences. 

If it is happening frequently either there is a bug that has not been reported or there is something repeatable you are doling that is triggering the delete.  Maybe for a while check the trash when you start and stop working in Evernote to help refine what the cause might be..

Archived