Spell Checking Says Contractions are Misspelled

mikea144

Hi,

Back in April (I think) the spell checker on the Windows application started flagging every contraction (you know, words that no one in real life uses like "can't") as misspelled.  I reported it as a bug but 8 months later the problem is unchanged.  Am I the only one seeing this problem or does everyone see it? 

I can't figure out why they can't fix a bug that they introduced in an update.  Previously contractions worked fine. 

Mike

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, mikea144 said:

Hi,

Back in April (I think) the spell checker on the Windows application started flagging every contraction (you know, words that no one in real life uses like "can't") as misspelled.  I reported it as a bug but 8 months later the problem is unchanged.  Am I the only one seeing this problem or does everyone see it? 

I can't figure out why they can't fix a bug that they introduced in an update.  Previously contractions worked fine. 

Mike

Fixed in the current Windows beta.

• Level 5

This  has been under discussion for over a year:

Back in October we got this report (the latest in a series of promised fixes):

@CalS and others report that it in fact fixed in this beta. But there have been so many other things going wrong with formatting in the recent updates that I can live with this until there's a public release that's got everything sorted out.

Archived