Printing a listing of Tags?

Greetings,

Is it possible to print a listing of my all tags (the names I use for tags in alphabetical order)?  

I want a printed out list to edit and rethink how I use tags.  But I can't figure out how to print such a listing. 

Thank you.

Tom  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  It's not possible to print a list of all tags from within Evernote.  You didn't specify whether you're using Evernote Web,  Mac,  Windows or Mobile,  but its likely that your chosen OS desktop version will have a way to print a list.  A colleague (forgotten who now,  sorry - )  suggested this Windows utility for printing lists - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html

In Windows Desktop it's Ctrl+Alt+T to generate the list,  then sysexp to grab and print it.  Macs would have scripting options,  not sure if there is a way to do this on mobile.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, trouwborst said:

Is it possible to print a listing of my all tags (the names I use for tags in alphabetical order)?  

I want a printed out list to edit and rethink how I use tags.  But I can't figure out how to print such a listing. 

It's do-able using scripting on the Mac platform, and database access on the Mac/Win platforms

• 3 years later...

I know that this is an old topic, but just in case there are other out there interested in getting a list of their Evernote tags, this is what I did on my Windows 10 desktop. (BTW, I couldn't get the sysexp utility to work for me.) 

1) I installed a legacy version of Evernote (available at https://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.2.9198.exe).

2) I opened that version (6.25.2.9198 (309198) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)) and selected the tag icon on it left menu bar. The app then displays a list of tags on a page that fills almost all of the app's entire window (less the left and top menu bars). The window has a scroll bar at the bottom so if all your tags don't fit in the window, you can scroll to the right until you come to the end of the list.

3) I then did screen captures of each page until I had captured the entire list.

4) I used Convertio OCR function to convert each screenshot into a Word file.

That is it. From that point I can manipulate the text into whatever format suits my project.

Regards,

David 

8 minutes ago, dvanjever said:

I know that this is an old topic, but just in case there are other out there interested in getting a list of their Evernote tags, this is what I did on my Windows 10 desktop. (BTW, I couldn't get the sysexp utility to work for me.) 

If you have even a very basic knowledge of SQL it is possible to hack the local database in V10 to export a list of tags as a csv file. You will then need to do some fairly basic parsing to remove the tag names from all the other stuff. Obviously do not attempt to manipulate the data base directly but exporting a table as a csv file seems to work fine. Only do this if you are prepared to take the risk etc etc and it is probably better to work from a copy rather than the live data base.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

If you have even a very basic knowledge of SQL it is possible to hack the local database in V10 to export a list of tags as a csv file.

I'm able to access the Legacy SQLite  database on my Mac and export the tag list   
Can you provide more information on accessing the v10 database

On windows the data base is here:

"C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\conduit-storage\https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com\UDB-UserXXXXX+RemoteGraph.sql"

It contins a number of tables of which the relevant one is not surprisingly Nodes_Tag. This is where my SQL knowledge gives up but If I export that table as a csv I get the same number of lines as the number of tags reported when I create a log file. The tag names are embedded in a lot of gumph but are in the form

""label"":""tag name""

Unfortunately the lines are not all of  the same structure/length so the tag names would need ot be extracted with some regex. I assume somebody with more SQL knowledge could do this directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike P wrote:

"If you have even a very basic knowledge of SQL it is possible to hack the local database in V10 to export a list of tags as a csv file. You will then need to do some fairly basic parsing to remove the tag names from all the other stuff. Obviously do not attempt to manipulate the data base directly but exporting a table as a csv file seems to work fine. Only do this if you are prepared to take the risk etc etc and it is probably better to work from a copy rather than the live data base."

Thanks for the tip, Mike...and for the cautions. This is exactly what I was hoping to find, and I am no stranger to programming, etc., though I haven't given SQL any attention. But SQL is everywhere, so getting up to speed with it shouldn't be hard.

Thanks again,

David

• 1 year later...

I found a very easy and simple way to grab all your tags and put them in a list in any document be it Word, WordPad, Excel, or whatever.

1. Either in Evernote App or the Web version, create a blank note.
  2. Click on the ellipsis (...) upper right of note, more actions and choose "Edit Tags".
  3. Start selecting all the tags starting from the top.  You will be only allowed to add up to 100 tags (but wait, more on that later down).
  4. With the Edit tags window still open you will see the tags populated in the top of the window.  They will all be in a bubble with an X to right.  Don't click the X.
  5. From the first tag, click and hold outside the bubble and drag all the way to the last tag, highlighting them all.
  6. Release the left click and then do a keyboard Ctrl-C
  7. Open a blank word document of any flavor you have.
  8. Put your cursor in the document and do a Ctrl-V
  9. You're welcome.

If you have more than 100 tags, go back to Evernote, delete the blank note.  Start at #1 above and repeat for every 100 tags that you have.

Edited by markwarren
Added Excel as an app that can be used to paste tags.
  • Like 1