Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
Mind_Fuel

Search function not working fully

I search for a term and it doesn't find all the instances of that term, and I know because I manually find what I know is there, and sure enough it didn't bring that up in the search results. 

The term could be inside a note or the title of a note and it doesn't bring it up. For example searching for the name "Jung", and the search result only brings up one note where I have quotes by Carl Jung, and I know I have more than that, so i find the others manually, and there they are. 

I've not had this problem before with Evernote, is it a bug in the new version? I can't contact them because I only have the free version.

Evernote: Version 6.13.1

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

4 hours ago, Mind_Fuel said:

I search for a term and it doesn't find all the instances of that term

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 4:21 AM, Mind_Fuel said:

I know I have more than that, so i find the others manually, and there they are

In what form are the others?  EN only finds from the beginning of the word, and you need an * at the end to find all instances that start with the search term.

Same form, just in a different note. And some are titles of notes rather than in the notes. What do you mean by 'EN'? Thank you

Form as in a note you typed in, a note with an attachment, a note that is a web clip, a note that is a copy/paste, a note that is a forwarded email... 

EN = Evernote