horizontal rule

Hi,

Is it me or are horizontal rules not working in the latest windows version? 6.8.7.6387 (306387) Public (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)

I've just updated and now can't seem to add horizontal rules to my notes.

Anybody else?

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, gdev said:

Hi,

Is it me or are horizontal rules not working in the latest windows version? 6.8.7.6387 (306387) Public (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)

I've just updated and now can't seem to add horizontal rules to my notes.

Anybody else?

Seem to be working for me.  Which method is not working for you?

clicking on the horizontal rule button in the editing toolbar does nothing depending on where my cursor is in the document!

If i create a new note, i can insert a HR. If i then hit return a few times and type something I now cannot insert another one. It's very odd.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, gdev said:

clicking on the horizontal rule button in the editing toolbar does nothing depending on where my cursor is in the document!

If i create a new note, i can insert a HR. If i then hit return a few times and type something I now cannot insert another one. It's very odd.

You can try using <Shift><Ctrl><-> as a shortcut to see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Probably a screen resolution thing - I have seen the same problem with other apps at certain resolutions. Is the rule there if you print the note? The rule becomes invisible at certain magnifications on my screen, but is there in print preview.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issue.  HR is now useless to me.  Unfortunate as I used it a lot.

One thing I do find interesting, all my old HRs display perfectly fine.  That does not seem like a zoom issue to me....

Now April 30th and still no resolution?  Please help!

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, CalS said:

HR working fine for me.  What version are you running?

I'm on 6.11GA, Win 7. Can confirm horizontal rule has been buggy for at least a few GA's.

Multiple threads on this at this point, so this is clearly not an isolated incident.

Argh, it pains me to see this has gone unnoticed for so long... This isn't my area, but I checked for any existing bug tickets and didn't find one, so I filed a ticket for it with the Windows team.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, tavor said:

I'm on 6.11GA, Win 7. Can confirm horizontal rule has been buggy for at least a few GA's.

Multiple threads on this at this point, so this is clearly not an isolated incident.

Lucky me again!  :wacko:

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, tavor said:

I can confirm this as well on 6.11 GA.  For me the problem only exists when I open a note in its own window and then it is intermittent.  For notes that have horizontal rules, when I open the note in its own window I will see the rules, but if I start editing it occasionally the rules will disappear.  They are not deleted because if I close the window and view the note in the note pane, the horizontal rules are still there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem here. On actual size horizontal rules do not always show up. You can insert them, but you don't see them. When I zoom in it works.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.81)

Evernote v6.11.2.7027 (307027)

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is still there, I'm on Windows (10) v6.13.13.7425 (307425).

Very strange this isn't fixed yet... Has been bugging me for a LONG time now, at some point I even switched to an older version of Evernote (I think v6.4).

Please bump this on the priority list! Thanks

Wow,

This problem seem to be fixed for me in v6.13.13.7425 (307425) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483)

Nice!

Little addition.. It worked only on one of my devices.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to v 6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483) (win 10) and the issue seems fixed for me...

Strange, no mention of this in the release log. Would think they'd post something here as well if they'd fix it...

On 7/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, Jay_G said:

I updated to v 6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483) (win 10) and the issue seems fixed for me...

Strange, no mention of this in the release log. Would think they'd post something here as well if they'd fix it...

Not fixed for me in that same latest release: 6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483)

• Level 5*
On 7/22/2018 at 7:31 AM, Jay_G said:

Because it's probably not fixed. There are multiple threads on this, and in most, if not all, of them, some people think it's been fixed with an update only to realize it's not been fixed.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:22 AM, tavor said:

Because it's probably not fixed. There are multiple threads on this, and in most, if not all, of them, some people think it's been fixed with an update only to realize it's not been fixed.

Ditto. I'm on the latest version [6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483)] and horizontal rule continues to appear or disappear depending on the zoom. :(

• Level 5*

This seems to be working fine for me in the 6.14.1 beta. Granted, I haven't had the problems that other folks have been reporting, so grain of salt there...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm at Evernote 6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483) on Windows 7 (W7 being Company policy) and I am still facing this issue.

Yes, I can workaround it with the Zooming as proposed but this should not be needed.

Neither should I have to change my Windows display setting to anything larger then normal. I need my screen resources!

I have NOT seen this issue in either the IOS Apps or MacOS clients!

Hope this can be fixed for the Windows client.

Regards,
Rob.

It's pretty bold to suggest that a windows configuration change should be done to fix an application bug. A non-essential application furthermore (if it was, say, an antivirus requesting something I might even consider it).

Really dissapointed at Evernotes handling of this.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:38 AM, sameasiteverwas said:

What is the status of this bug? It has been around for the better part of a year.

I would like to see an update from an Evernote employee.

Unfortunately all I can tell you right now is that the dev team is aware of the issue. I apologize that I can't provide an ETA for a fix, I understand its frustrating :(  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived