8.7.1 buggy/slow

DGW

Idea

Am I the only one seeing a lot of buggy/sluggish behavior, especially on the iPad, with Evernote's latest releases (the one release to the App Store 3 hours ago, as well as the one a few days ago)?

I create a new note … and nothing happens. Maybe 20-30 seconds later the window finally appears. I try to create a duplicate - nothing appears to happen for several seconds. Opening a note (I have everything offline) - in the content area I simply see a spinning wheel for 10-15 seconds.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DGW said:

I create a new note … and nothing happens. Maybe 20-30 seconds later the window finally appears.

I was experiencing this with other versions.  No problems with V8.7.1 

I’m having the same problem and have been in touch with tech support for months now.  They have been responsive but have still not found a fix.  They say it is something deep in the code.  New notes open very slowly... sometimes 30 seconds or more.  Existing notes are slow also.  It is making Evernote almost unusable.  I have all of my files downloaded locally to the ipad.  The issue completely disappears if I go into airplane mode, so it obviously relates to something in the coding getting mixed up with wifi and the local files.   Seems like a major issue that would be a1 for Evernote to fix. Wondering why this is taking so long.   IPad Pro 10.5 iOS 11, evernote 8.9.1.361567    Premium User.  

I'll add my voice to the chorus of users suffering from this slowness in Evernote on the iPad. Like others, I sometimes have to wait 30 seconds or more to access an existing note or to open a new note. This is when I'm at home with fast wifi. Other apps work fine. The old version of iPad Evernote never had this problem. The current version on my Android phone doesn't have a problem nor does my Windows desktop version. But I often take my iPad with me to meetings so I can take notes. It's ridiculous that I have to tell colleagues & clients to wait a minute—literally—while Evernote wakes itself up. This is what we get after upgrading to the paid version? I'm going to have to reconsider switching to OneNote.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, DaveS said:

I'll add my voice to the chorus of users suffering from this slowness in Evernote on the iPad. Like others, I sometimes have to wait 30 seconds or more to access an existing note or to open a new note. This is when I'm at home with fast wifi. Other apps work fine. The old version of iPad Evernote never had this problem. The current version on my Android phone doesn't have a problem nor does my Windows desktop version. But I often take my iPad with me to meetings so I can take notes. It's ridiculous that I have to tell colleagues & clients to wait a minute—literally—while Evernote wakes itself up. This is what we get after upgrading to the paid version? I'm going to have to reconsider switching to OneNote.

What version are you running?  This thread is a few releases back. 

Archived