Jump to content
  • 0
cduong13

[Trash Management] Easier to remove old notes

Idea

Hi,

I want to do some clean up for my old notes (My notes are taking a lot of spaces). Because we don't have the "auto-remove feature for Trash" and we cannot search notes in Trash, I have to delete my notes manually in Trash, which wastes a lot of time.

For Apple Notes, notes are searchable even in Trash, and notes in Trash will be auto-removed after 30days, and will be completely removed from iCloud from the next 40days. It is very convenient, we don't have to search for notes in Trash to delete manually (for e.g. look for notes in Trash which is older than 30days).

I hope Evernote can implement some features to easier  remove old notes to save spaces.

 

Share this post


Link to post

7 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
4 hours ago, cduong13 said:

I have to delete my notes manually in Trash, which wastes a lot of time.

On my Mac and iPad, I just click on Empty Trash

EC5E93A6-7A07-4308-BF7C-A2CBE33060DA.thumb.jpeg.1375828ea29d696194576a84e859ce7f.jpeg

I don't maintain a "working/auto" trash folder.  If necessary, I can recover notes from personal backups

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks DTLow, but I don’t want to empty the Trash. I only want to remove notes in Trash which is older than 30days. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

You can apply filters to Trash, at least in the Windows client, though I'm not sure that Evernote has filters that fit exactly what you're trying to do. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-How-to-use-Evernote-s-advanced-search-syntax

For example, the filter "-updated:day-365" will show only notes that were updated over a year ago. Unfortunately, there is no 'deleted' filter, and a note's updated field is not modified when it's deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, cduong13 said:

Thanks DTLow, but I don’t want to empty the Trash. I only want to remove notes in Trash which is older than 30days. 

Not a big priority for me, but on my Mac I have a date deleted column
My Trash entries are sorted by this date
I can easily select and delete entries over 30 days5a394a3372b98_ScreenShot2017-12-19at09_17_30.png.3d5f7b80021f80ae26cd9a82f944b63b.png

 

 

 

5a3950a5495cb_ScreenShot2017-12-19at09_46_53.png.e75eda4dd29a56d69b258959e388881a.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, cduong13 said:

I want to do some clean up for my old notes (My notes are taking a lot of spaces). Because we don't have the "auto-remove feature for Trash" and we cannot search notes in Trash, I have to delete my notes manually in Trash, which wastes a lot of time.

Got to ask, what's "a lot of time"?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Not a big priority for me, but on my Mac I have a date deleted column

Good point; there's a Deleted date in the list views in the Windows client as well.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Ok, we can delete notes in Trash by using Filter, but it is still manual. 

I wish Evernote can make the the Retention Policy for Trash. It would be more convenient. 

Thanks guys. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...