Bug Report - Rotating JPG deletes the image

I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place but just ran into a bug I've reproduced 3x and snag'd a video. In the latest non-beta version, 6.8.6.6350, rotating an image is causing the image to be removed. It can be brought back with undo. I've uploaded a video demonstrating this. Luckily I caught it before anything was lost.

EvernoteBug.mp4

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Thresha said:

I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place but just ran into a bug I've reproduced 3x and snag'd a video. In the latest non-beta version, 6.8.6.6350, rotating an image is causing the image to be removed. It can be brought back with undo. I've uploaded a video demonstrating this. Luckily I caught it before anything was lost.

EvernoteBug.mp4

I just did a quick test and this seems to work fine for me.  You might try exiting EN using File - Exit and then restarting EN.  This seems to fix some of these weird anomalies sometimes.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Thresha said:

It seems to have gone away for me as well today after a PC reboot. Very odd, hopefully it stays away, thanks!

You are welcome.  Yeah, don't know what causes it.  Maybe EN, or something else, or a combination of things, but sometimes things get a little out of whack.  Happens to me occasionally and typically a File - Exit seems to fix it.  Hard to reproduce when it does occur.  :wacko:

• 1 month later...

I am fully able to recreate this and it is becoming annoying. I have had to re-scan/import many documents due to this error. What are the steps for following up, reporting and resolving? I tried hard exiting/closing and re-opening, with no luck. This persists across system reboots as well.

Using Windows version 6.8.7.6387 (306387) Public (CE Build ce-1.36.3494).

Update: Found a newer version available, downloading to install now.

Additional Update: This problem still exists and I can recreate in Windows version 6.9.7.6770 (306770) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387)

It hasn't happened to me again but I haven't been importing many photo's lately either.

I just ran a test on my end and did not encounter the bug today but it was somewhat random to begin with. Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on and fix it, we need to be able to trust that our data remains intact with Evernote. I ended up going premium for the revision history to make sure of that.

I had the same exact issue but with this build:

Evernote version is: 6.9.6.6729 (306729) Public Build: ce-1.39.4193

I opened a ticket with the support Team and they are aware of this issue. Proposed solution was to revert back to version 6.7.4.5741(Public)

Evernote Support said that this issue is scheduled to be resolved on Windows Desktop version 6.10. 

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Archived