8.7 released - what‘s new?

stocky2605

Idea

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5

@stocky2605 You may be seeing the new update to Evernote for iOS in the App Store. We do a staggered release, so not everyone will see it immediately. Yes, we will make full release notes available soon. Keep an eye out on the 'Featured Posts' section on the homepage. It will be posted there once available. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Buyer beware.  Updated EN on my iPad this morning and EN would not sync therafter.  Specifically the icon would spin for a bit and then stop spinning.  Nothing getting synced.

Signed out, signed back in, no change. 

So I just deleted the app and reinstalled.  My notes are now downloading, so sync appears to be working.  Left the iPad plugged in with no auto shut down of the screen for the duration.

Geez.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, rbianchi said:

EN not sync any more.

I am really very angry!

When you get over being "really very angry" you could try the solution presented by @CalS
Delete the app and reinstall

It works for me

• Level 5

Hi All,

Reinstalling seems to address the issue, but I can easily understand why this would be cumbersome.

Definitely sorry to hear about this, but wanted to let you know I've alerted the Dev Team and they're currently investigating. 

I certainly appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

• Level 5*

Everything seems to be syncing again after the reinstall.  I'm thankful I only have one small notebook specifically targeted for offline notes.  Otherwise the rebuild would have taken hours/days versus the 40 minutes it took. 

Won't be updating my phone right away.  :(

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

When you get over being "really very angry" you could try the solution presented by @CalS
Delete the app and reinstall

It works for me

Anger no doubt comes from wondering why would one even have to do a reinstall because of an iDevice update.  Anyone with a large set of notes in off line notebooks will be syncing for a while if they have the same issue.  Not a good thing.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, CalS said:

...Anyone with a large set of notes in off line notebooks will be syncing for a while if they have the same issue.   Not a good thing.

Same here; 10K+ notes (11GB) offline

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, CalS said:

Not even a little piqued if you have to rebuild?

Somewhere between "a little piqued" and "really very angry" :angry:
tbh   I don't spend much time offline so it's more of a critical concern for others

I also have a small notebook set up for with my hot notes for a faster download

• Level 5*
On 12/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Reinstalling seems to address the issue, but I can easily understand why this would be cumbersome.

Definitely sorry to hear about this, but wanted to let you know I've alerted the Dev Team and they're currently investigating. 

I certainly appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

It is worse now.  Today my phone stopped syncing at 2:17.  Every time I press sync, the icon twirls but nothing happens and the same last sync at 2:17 PM message appears.  I deleted and added the app back and no help.  None of the notes I created on the PC today are making it to the phone.  They are on the web.  Not good.

Archived