6.13.2 Beta 1 - Crashes

Mic@Evern

Idea

13 replies to this idea

On 13.12.2017 at 11:32 AM, Mic@Evern said:

when starting up Evernote  6.13.2 Beta 1 (455903 Direkt), the app crashs immediately & permanent. Im Running on High Sierra V10.13.1 (17B1003)

Before - with previous version Evernote worked perfect

For me it happens exactly in the same way as described by @Mic@Evern

2 hours ago, etorsten said:

For me it happens exactly in the same way as described by @Mic@Evern

Try, if this works for you as well as a (non exceptable) but very quick fix solution for you personally. Maybe this also helps the Evernote-Team to locate & fix the ERROR.

the Error occours only, when beeing/getting ONLINE !!!

• switch off your LAN/WLAN
  • when in OFFLINE MODE, you can add & do anythin in Evevernote-OSX-APP as you used to
  • once switching AGAIN ONLINE .... immediately
    • press:  OPTION + SHIFT + SYNC-Button
    • anything gets synced between "Online & Offline" databases 
    • than after a while ... the whole thing crashes again - but job done :) 

Maybe you also want to send your crash-report to the Evernote Team (via personal Message)  to @nicolml for seeing the Problem from your side as well)

• Level 5*

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  My process would be

1. Reboot my device; it solves many issues
  2. Delete and Reinstall the app
  3. Delete the app, data, ...  The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
    Reinstall and the database will be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning, the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices/  My process would be

1. Reboot my device; it solves many issues
  2. Delete and Reinstall the app
  3. Delete the app, data, ...  The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
    Reinstall and the database will be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning, the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

Could you special in DETAIL, Step-BY-Step?
What about resolving Local-Notebooks?

thanks in advance 

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Mic@Evern said:

What about resolving Local-Notebooks?

Anyone using Local Notebooks should be backing up the data
I use the export feaure in Evernote; a separate export for each notebook
When rebuilding the database, I would import each notebook

22 hours ago, nicolml said:

If your Mac is crashing, please submit your crash via Evernote's pop up window after relaunching the application. This will ensure the crash is symbolicated and will help us trace the problem. Thanks. 

my MAC is NOT crashing :)
EVERNOTE is CRASCHING!

When will the issue be revolved?

Had the same issue when installing the v6.13.2 package downloaded from the Evernote site onto my Macbook. As soon as it started to sync, it would immediately crash.

I tried to rollback to the previous version I had installed (a little old) and it would be rejected as too old. I tried to install v6.13.1 which was working great on my other computer. Again, too old - rejected!

So I installed Evernote via the Apple App Store (v6.13.1) and so far it's working okay. Might be a good workaround until Evernote fixes the website download version.

Good luck!

On 14.12.2017 at 5:32 PM, Mic@Evern said:

Try, if this works for you as well as a (non exceptable) but very quick fix solution for you personally. Maybe this also helps the Evernote-Team to locate & fix the ERROR.

the Error occours only, when beeing/getting ONLINE !!!

• switch off your LAN/WLAN
  • when in OFFLINE MODE, you can add & do anythin in Evevernote-OSX-APP as you used to
  • once switching AGAIN ONLINE .... immediately
    • press:  OPTION + SHIFT + SYNC-Button
    • anything gets synced between "Online & Offline" databases 
    • than after a while ... the whole thing crashes again - but job done :) 

Maybe you also want to send your crash-report to the Evernote Team (via personal Message)  to @nicolml for seeing the Problem from your side as well)

Thank you for your tip.

I think it is a little bit complicate. Meanwhile I switched back to the web interface and I hope that the guys from Evernote will fix the problem with the next beta...!

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, rob_luis said:

Mine does not crash, but the window with the notes does not open.  Regardless if I restart the app, uninstall/install again, restart the iMac, etc... HELP!

My trobleshooting process is to start fresh

Completely remove Evernote from your Mac; app, database and other components.  The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.

Reinstall the app, login and the database will be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning; the rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

Archived