• Announcements

• Shane D.

Evernote Business Beta - Spaces   12/20/2017

We're very excited to announce the public beta of an upcoming rework for Evernote Business! To learn more, go Here
    • Shane D.

2018 Evernote Webinars   01/04/2018

To kick off the new year, we're excited to announce our  updated schedule for our series of webinars! Please check the events calendar to see which one works best for you!
Leo Gong

Announcing the Evernote Business Public Beta

Would love to be able to use the webclipper to clip notes into notebooks within spaces. Do I need to update the webclipper or is that functionality that doesn't yet exist (which I totally get)? When I use the webclipper, I don't see spaces and I also don't see any of the notebooks within spaces. 

Guest Enrico
On 12.12.2017 at 3:36 AM, Leo Gong said:

Spaces will be available for all businesses (except China), starting today

I just deployed Evernote Business for one of our clients and I found that Spaces is not available for businesses in Germany. 

Mare you enrolling this beta gradually or did we miss something?

Enrico Nahler

Evernote Certified Consultant 

On 12.12.2017 at 3:36 AM, Leo Gong said:

Spaces will be available for all businesses (except China), starting today

I just deployed Evernote Business for one of our clients and I found that Spaces is not available for businesses in Germany. 

Mare you enrolling this beta gradually or did we miss something?

Enrico Nahler

Evernote Certified Consultant 

Guest IA1

- Is there any way to create spaces that are globally visible to everyone in a given business domain? We'd like to deploy Evernote spaces to hundreds of people, and manually inviting people one at a time to a space won't scale for us.

- What is the 'spaces directory'? It shows up as a checkbox option when creating a space. Does the space directory address the issue above re: space discoverability/sharing? Is it a feature that hasn't shipped yet? Any ETA on it?

- If spaces can't solve the global sharing / discoverability problem, can something similar be accomplished by sharing notebooks somehow and making them publicly accessible, or would you still have the issue of not being able to find them without someone explicitly sharing them to you?

For context on these questions, the workflow I'd like to implement is:

• Any user in our org can create a space for a type of vendor conversation, e.g. PR Firms, real estate brokers, contract recruiters
  • Anyone in the org can see all of those vendor spaces and add a new notebook for a new vendor within a given space, plus notes for each conversation with that vendor

Thanks!

@EnricoNahler The admin must first enable Spaces from the Beta Management section of the Admin Panel, and then users need to opt their clients onto the beta (see instructions in the announcement post). Did the admin see an option for enabling Spaces in their Admin Panel?

Re: Comment above:

On 1/10/2018 at 4:00 PM, Guest IA1 said:

- Is there any way to create spaces that are globally visible to everyone in a given business domain? We'd like to deploy Evernote spaces to hundreds of people, and manually inviting people one at a time to a space won't scale for us.

- What is the 'spaces directory'? It shows up as a checkbox option when creating a space. Does the space directory address the issue above re: space discoverability/sharing? Is it a feature that hasn't shipped yet? Any ETA on it?

- If spaces can't solve the global sharing / discoverability problem, can something similar be accomplished by sharing notebooks somehow and making them publicly accessible, or would you still have the issue of not being able to find them without someone explicitly sharing them to you?

For context on these questions, the workflow I'd like to implement is:

• Any user in our org can create a space for a type of vendor conversation, e.g. PR Firms, real estate brokers, contract recruiters
  • Anyone in the org can see all of those vendor spaces and add a new notebook for a new vendor within a given space, plus notes for each conversation with that vendor

Thanks!

Space directory is close to what you're looking for. It will be coming in a week or so, look out for that.

• Users can create a Space, and list it in Space Directory
  • Other users in the business can find that Space in Space Directory
  • They can either request access, or join with pre-set permission levels (this is determined by the person who listed the Space)

The user will be joined to the whole Space however, not just a specific notebook. There's a workaround - you could 1) Join the Space via the Space Directory, 2) Share the notebook to yourself and 3) Leave the Space.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.