Evernote for Mac 6.13.2 Beta 1

Jason Creadore

Idea

Hello Everyone,

As the new Mac product manager, I'm excited to release version 6.13.2 Beta 1. The release addresses issues encountered by some users in the areas of multiple accounts, sharing, and sync.  

You can download it here, or check for updates to get the latest. 

Thanks,

Jason and the rest of the Mac team

Release Notes for 6.13.2:
- A fix to include the title when printing notes
- A fix for an issue where a small number of users are unable to login after deleting auth information from their keychain  
- A fix for an issue where the note list sometimes does not appear on macOS High Sierra
- A fix to reenable the sharing of public notebooks
- A fix for a sync issue where some notes are missing after doing a fresh install  
- Fixes for several intermittent crashes including when launching the app and adding another account
- Improvements to the search box with more space for entering keywords and filters

23 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, janstet said:

How is this not critical?

I should have stated "not critical to me".

It's a question of priorities; some users consider highlighting colour critical, some users consider every bug critical

Personally, if I find the issue too annoying; I downgrade to a previous software version

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, janstet said:

The significance is it's been over 2 months and the bug still hasn't been fixed. 

Confirmed; The latest beta indicated a fix, but I reported the issue here

17 hours ago, DTLow said:

I edited my note with the ticket date  (2017/09/30)
You seem to attach more significance to this than I do. 

The significance is it's been over 2 months and the bug still hasn't been fixed. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, rsap said:

The sync is still not working for me. Downloaded evernote on new mac computer. wont sync.

Make sure you're logging in with the correct userid/password

To do a full sync     Hold the **Shift** and **Option** keys on your keyboard and click the sync icon

18 hours ago, DTLow said:

Here's a link to the solution I use for rebuilding the search index

Thank you so much DTLow, this corrected the issue. I believe this problem can be resolved in the future if this is done automatically during the update process. 

On 12.12.2017 at 3:09 AM, Jason Creadore said:

Hello Everyone,

As the new Mac product manager, I'm excited to release version 6.13.2 Beta 1. The release addresses issues encountered by some users in the areas of multiple accounts, sharing, and sync.  

You can download it here, or check for updates to get the latest. 

Thanks,

Jason and the rest of the Mac team

Release Notes for 6.13.2:
- A fix to include the title when printing notes
- A fix for an issue where a small number of users are unable to login after deleting auth information from their keychain  
- A fix for an issue where the note list sometimes does not appear on macOS High Sierra
- A fix to reenable the sharing of public notebooks
- A fix for a sync issue where some notes are missing after doing a fresh install  
- Fixes for several intermittent crashes including when launching the app and adding another account
- Improvements to the search box with more space for entering keywords and filters

This Version Crashs at StartUp. See:

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, janstet said:

This bug has been around for over 2 months now. I notice you didn't include the date that ticket was opened. My guess is it's at least 2 months old.

5 hours ago, janstet said:

You conveniently left out the date the support ticket was opened:)

I edited my note with the ticket date  (2017/09/30)
You seem to attach more significance to this than I do. 

46 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I should have stated "not critical to me".

It's a question of priorities; some users consider highlighting colour critical, some users consider every bug critical

Personally, if I find the issue too annoying; I downgrade to a previous software version

You conveniently left out the date the support ticket was opened:)

Bugs happen. I understand that. It's been over 2 months and every new beta update it's the same answer - "a fix is on the way". 2 weeks ago it was 'we are working on a fix stay tuned'. Since this forum is the only way to send feedback for free users, I'm hoping the new product manager will be aware how annoying this issue is to some users. 

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Ticket #2223326 on the invisible note list issue
It's not critical; just annoying

How is this not critical?

• Every time the trash is emptied and I select a different notebook afterwards, the note list goes blank. 
  • Every time I process my Evernote "Inbox" notebook and select a different notebook afterwards, the note list goes blank.
  • Every time a new notebook is created and a different one is selected afterwards, the note list goes blank.

Isn't Evernote considered a productivity application? These are basic everyday functions within the application. Emptying the trash, creating new notebooks, processing the inbox, etc. This bug has been around for over 2 months now. @DTLow I notice you didn't include the date that ticket was opened. My guess is it's at least 2 months old. For someone who uses Evernote every day as part of their workflow, having the note list go blank multiple times a day is beyond annoying.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, papi0506 said:

when searching for notes in the search field, the only returned results are notes that were modified after the update.

Here's a link to the solution I use for rebuilding the search index

3 hours ago, nicolml said:

Can you clarify the issue a little more or perhaps send steps to reproduce? 

After updating the Evernote application, when searching for notes in the search field, the only returned results are notes that were modified after the update. It only seemed to work with actually modifying the note as I tried this with the title of the note and it was not still not found. I simply added a space on a line then removed it. Afterwards when searching in the search field the note would appear.

This started happening after updating to version 6.13.1 I then updated to 6.13.2 (beta) and still have the same results. 

The only work around is to log into evernote.com and use the browser version to search, but once I'm offline I'm done for.

• Level 5*
On 2017-12-11 at 8:13 PM, janstet said:

How long have you had an open ticket on this bug

Ticket #2223326 on the invisible note list issue  
It's not critical; just annoying

edited: not critical to me,  ticket opened 2017/09/30

45 minutes ago, papi0506 said:

I have the same issue after updating. Once the note is modified it appears in the search. It seems that it needs to index. Is there a way to force the indexing?

Can you clarify the issue a little more or perhaps send steps to reproduce? 

11 hours ago, DTLow said:

Bug Report:  I'm still getting an invisible note list

It's easy to replicate.  Enter an invalid search string so no notes are extracted.  Clear the search and the note list is populated, but invisible

Thanks for the repro steps. I've reopened this ticket with engineering to take another look. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

It's easy to replicate.  Enter an invalid search string so no notes are extracted.  Clear the search and the note list is populated, but invisible

confirmed. Switching notebooks forces a redraw and fixes it. Annoying though.

• Level 5*

Mine sync'd for at least 30 minutes. The Activity Log went nuts the whole time. I last synced on Saturday with my macbook with the most recent beta. Is that normal? I had to plug it in because I wasn't sure how long it would take.

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, Jason Creadore said:

Archived