Can't Do Local Work After Upload Limit Reached?

Hello 

I was trying one note for the first time because I wanted to search the text contained in a couple hundred screenshots to find the ones of interest.  I quickly reached the upload limit.  The message says "if you continue without upgrading changes will be saved locally but will not sync to other devices."  This led me to believe that I should be able to work locally which is all I ever wanted to do.  However I am unable to add the images to my notes now because I get the pop up every time I try to attach them or copy/past them in or do anything else with them.  Is there a way to work locally without upgrading or am I just SOL.  

• Level 5*
On 2017-12-08 at 6:36 PM, RedRabbitRomp said:

I wanted to search the text contained in a couple hundred screenshots to find the ones of interest.

The OCR process is a server side function.  You won't be able to search text if the notes are not synced to the server

>>Is there a way to work locally without upgrading

On the Win/Mac platforms, there is a feature called Local Notebooks.  Notes in these notebooks are not sync'd to the servers.  Documentation at What-is-a-local-notebook-

If you use this feature, make sure you back up your data.  Its not backed up by Evernote, and not restored in a database rebuild

Archived