All I wanted to do is report a bug, Using the site's auto-response, you are told to submit a ticket.  After going around in a loop a few times, I decided not to bang my head against their idea of "support".

It is real simple"  In my Windows Desktop version go to: Tools >> Import Folders 

This opens a tool to update a folder on your windows machine.  The update works correctly, as does the file selection, however, it will not put the file into the correct notebook.  Everything gets dumped into the default folder.  This is obviously a broken feature that should, in principle, be easy to fix.

Since I'm already here:  One of the ways that I use Evernote is to set up a filter in Gmail that forwards them to Evernote.  I have the same problem as above, but this would be a feature request:  I want to filter the incoming email to the correct notebook, not put everything in the default.  This only seems possible with a third party option, does anyone have a workaround?

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, TahoeLocal said:

One of the ways that I use Evernote is to set up a filter in Gmail that forwards them to Evernote.  I have the same problem as above, but this would be a feature request:  I want to filter the incoming email to the correct notebook, not put everything in the default.  This only seems possible with a third party option, does anyone have a workaround?

The email feature allows you to use @ and # parameters to specify notebook and tag

Further documentation at https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/04/20/quick-tip-friday-emailing-into-your-evernote-account/

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, TahoeLocal said:

All I wanted to do is report a bug, Using the site's auto-response, you are told to submit a ticket.  After going around in a loop a few times, I decided not to bang my head against their idea of "support".

It is real simple"  In my Windows Desktop version go to: Tools >> Import Folders 

This opens a tool to update a folder on your windows machine.  The update works correctly, as does the file selection, however, it will not put the file into the correct notebook.  Everything gets dumped into the default folder.  This is obviously a broken feature that should, in principle, be easy to fix.

Since I'm already here:  One of the ways that I use Evernote is to set up a filter in Gmail that forwards them to Evernote.  I have the same problem as above, but this would be a feature request:  I want to filter the incoming email to the correct notebook, not put everything in the default.  This only seems possible with a third party option, does anyone have a workaround?

This may be a bug in the current release version, I just tested it in 6.8 beta 5 and it correctly imported the file into a note into the specified notebook, not the default notebook, so if it was a bug, it is squashed and should be in the next public release, whenever that is.

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, TahoeLocal said:

This opens a tool to update a folder on your windows machine.  The update works correctly, as does the file selection, however, it will not put the file into the correct notebook.  Everything gets dumped into the default folder.

Any chance you renamed the target notebook after you set up the import rule?  If a target notebook gets changed I think EN adjusts the notebook in the import rule to your default notebook.  I'd double check Tools - Import Folders to be sure that the folder and notebook combination are what you expect.

Archived