Mac Evernote clipper suddently adds images to the top

Dietrich

Idea

Hi,

in Evernote for Mac v6.13.1 (and I think in some earlier version as well) I noticed that the Clipper Tool started to add new images always to the top. I reverted to v6.11 in which images are always added below.

The tool usually can be started by pressing ^⌘N and a new image can be added by pressing ^⌘C.

Using ^⌘C in v6.11 adds the images to the bottom, which is my desired action, while in later versions images are always added to the top, wherever the curser was.

For reference I added a screenshot of the clipper window that opens with ^⌘N.

Any chance I can control this with an option in settings?

If not, can the original functionality be restored in future versions or at least added as an option in settings, please?

image.thumb.png.c0ee445df637a8cd9a6f8cbf8165a1ba.png

15 replies to this idea

15 hours ago, nicolml said:

@Dietrich Unfortunately this fix didn't make it into 7.1, but it's being worked on and should be on a later release. 

That is so not cool at all. Sorry but this is very frustrating. I was really looking forward to this release. After all we started the discussion back in 2017, when the issue was introduced. I'm sorry to say this, but the confidence I have in Evernote app development just sunk dramatically. I mean back in February we were wondering if you would ever tackle the issue, then you told us it would be in v7.1 in April, I wondered back then, why it would take so long, but assumed all would be fine. You said "the fix is in v7.1"; that does not leave much room for uncertainty. The fix is in v7.1! It's not in v7.1 maybe, or under certain conditions... No, "the fix is in v7.1".

May I ask what went wrong?

However, more important for me (and I assume for everybody else who is affected) is, when do you expect to have a fix available?

Will there even be a fix at all? Because, if you tell me now, there is no chance this will get fixed, I can update from v6.11 to v7.1, come up with another process to get my work done, and finally get over it.

Any chance you can have it fixed in the next minor update?

regards

Dietrich

I thought I was alone in this problem. I'm having this same issue. Thanks for telling me that I can revert to an older Evernote version (how do I do that?) and get the clipper tool to add my clipped images to the bottom of the tool rather than always to the top. It is quite annoying and wasteful of time when clipping multiple images and having to re sort them all every time. 

I'm hoping this is a bug that will be fixed. I have uploaded a video here to show this in action. 

2017-12-05_04-55-05.mp4

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, TheMattyMiller said:

I can revert to an older Evernote version (how do I do that?

My process for downgrading the software is to completely remove Evernote from my Mac; app, data, ...

The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.

Install the Evernote app and the database is rebuilt from the servers.  Warning; the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes.

In the earlier version new images were put to where the cursor was, and luckily the cursor was on the bottom if der did not change, which was quite convenient.

Could someone from Evernote please acknowledge this and let us know when this could be fixed?

I accidentally updated on my other machine the other day, and there the issue was again.

Seems we are not alone with this issue. Linking to the other post:

Hello @Evernote - this is disappointing to see that for such an impacting bug (which looks like a regression), you are not able to provide any ETA for a fix , even after two months.

Would be great to get an update ... thanks in advance! - cc @nicolml

13 hours ago, nicolml said:

@stefb12Sorry it's taken so long to fix this. Just wanted top let everyone know that this issue has recently been fixed by one of our developers and should be released in an upcoming software update. 

Thanks, Nico

@nicolml, that is good news. Can you specify which release "an upcoming software update" will be? Is it the next one or some future release?

I am asking because I am stuck at v6.11 of Evernote Mac (it'S the last version without the issue) while v7.0 is available already. So far I could not find the issue being fixed on the release notes of any recent update.

regards

On 2/20/2018 at 9:35 PM, nicolml said:

@Dietrich, the fix is in v7.1 coming out most likely sometime in April. 

Hi @nicolml, I just checked the release notes of V7.1 but was unable to find a fix for the issue. Did I miss something or is the fix not in the version?

Version 7.1

New:

• A way to hide and display recent notes from the shortcuts section of the sidebar

Improved:

• Fixed an intermittent issue where an individual item in recent notes displays multiple times
  • Fixed an intermittent issue with Note Snippets flashing while typing
  • Fixed an issue where Assisted Search would have a false positive, indicating a note was found
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where a notebook joined from Work Chat would not load notes
  • Fixed a Work Chat issue where text in the share screen would not appear
  • Fixed a Work Chat issue where users do not receive an invitation message with a shared note
  • Fixed an intermittent crash resulting from Work Chat usage
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where visual artifacts appear when launching Mission Control
  • Fixed a visual issue with reordering shortcuts
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where expanding and collapsing items would not work every time
  • Fixed an issue where Plus users could not dismiss a PDF annotation pop over window
  • Fixed an issue where the keyboard shortcut to jump to tag did not open the filter tag menu
  • Fixed an issue with the cursor not changing to provide affordance of clickability of Note breadcrumb
  • Fixed an issue with images that have been resized or rotated then undone

PLEASE, when will you fix this?!?

@Dietrich Unfortunately this fix didn't make it into 7.1, but it's being worked on and should be on a later release. 

**Correction**

This issue is fixed on 7.1. Pardon me as I got my Evernote Helper bugs mixed up. I just tried this on Evernote for Mac 7.1 and it's working as expected. Did you try updating? 

TNZ9DeNDlr.gif

On 4/12/2018 at 5:59 PM, nicolml said:

**Correction**

This issue is fixed on 7.1. Pardon me as I got my Evernote Helper bugs mixed up. I just tried this on Evernote for Mac 7.1 and it's working as expected. Did you try updating? 

Hi Nico,

I tried. It works as expected. Thank you for checking.

Regards

Dietrich

Archived