Sharing a notebook including tags

sione

Hi all

I've had a quick search of the forum but wasn't able to find what I needed.

I am an Evernote Plus member. I have created a Notebook that contains various notes, all catalogued by a series of tags. I've just shared the Notebook with my supervisor but she's not able to sort the individual notes by the tags, which was the whole point of doing it this way. Is there a workaround for this or have I wasted a colossal amount of time? At the moment I've given her my login details so that she can see all of the tags but this is obviously not an ideal situation.

Thanks

Sione

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, sione said:

I am an Evernote Plus member. I have created a Notebook that contains various notes, all catalogued by a series of tags. I've just shared the Notebook with my supervisor but she's not able to sort the individual notes by the tags, which was the whole point of doing it this way. Is there a workaround for this or have I wasted a colossal amount of time? At the moment I've given her my login details so that she can see all of the tags but this is obviously not an ideal situation.

What would be your method of "sort the individual notes by the tags".  I'm not clear on why this isn't working

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, sione said:

I'm not sure what's going on in your case. When you share a notebook, you get the notebook's tags. I do this between my work and personal accounts. One downside; the tag hierarchy from the originating account is not preserves; the tags come in as a flat list. But otherwise, you get the tags automatically.

Ah, I think I've got it - it's because she's viewing the notebook on Evernote Web. I just shared the notebook with my alternative email address and while I can see all the tags in the application, I can't see them in the web app. Does that sound right? 

It's a bit annoying if that's the case. I need to be able to share the notebook with a number of people and don't want to have to ask them to download Evernote to view it...

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, sione said:

Ah, I think I've got it - it's because she's viewing the notebook on Evernote Web. I just shared the notebook with my alternative email address and while I can see all the tags in the application, I can't see them in the web app. Does that sound right? 

Weird, looks like you're right. I'd call that a bug in the web client, since I can't believe it's by design.

4 hours ago, jefito said:

Weird, looks like you're right. I'd call that a bug in the web client, since I can't believe it's by design.

Ughh. I'll post to the Web Feedback forums I guess. Just looking at the posts there though, I'm not going to hold my breath for a bug fix for the web client. 

Archived