Return Search box to a functional size

James Sly

Idea

This is, of course, technically a request to return a previous functionality.

Perhaps make the size adjustable? Why did Evernote reduce the size of the search box to make it non-functional? Used to be just fine for the last 8 years I've used it. Now the latest upgrade has removed the functionality. Can't even see all of my basic search anymore as it is truncated by the new small search box. Depending upon the name of my Notebook, I may have only one character of the actual search visible.  That also means that I can not edit a search either. I am surprised that as an Evernote would make this change. Disappointing.

It removes much of the functionality of the searches, as you can no longer add to or edit an existing search as far as I can tell. Evernote support was not able to help me, hopefully, someone else can? 

Evernote screen shot.png

1 reply to this idea

Please, please, please, pay attention to this request. The "search notes" field shortening is awful, and I can't imagine why this would have even been a desireable change? It makes it incredibly difficult to use for anything more than the most basic of searches and even makes it difficult for those, honestly.  

Archived