Evernote for Windows 6.8 Beta 5 Released

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Hi folks - 

We're excited to announce Windows 6.8 Beta 5. You can install it here or by checking for updates. Fixes in this beta include:

• A fix for an issue where the old name of an attachment re-appears after switching notes 
  • A fix for an issue where the Google sign in page doesn't appear when connecting to Google Drive 
  • A fix to show the file name of the PDF in the top left when previewing a PDF  
  • A fix for an issue where attachments don't highlight correctly when searching
  • A fix to show search results within PDFs
  • Several fixes to support drag and drop of content from Microsoft Office apps and File explorer to Evernote and vice-versa
  • A fix for an crash when trying to print an Ink note 
  • Support for drag + drop of PDFs into notes

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions on the changes.

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows team.

---------------------------------------

Release Notes for Windows version 6.8

Note: Version 6.8 is supported in OS versions Windows 7 and up.

Improved

We've made a number of changes to how a note is displayed. Some of the key changes include:

• Better Print results for notes including highlighting, italics and underline and the ability to print to PDF
  • Updated the inline PDF preview experience with easier access to key commands including print and download
  • If you have a touch monitor, you can now pan notes with the swipe of a finger
  • More quickly start a bulleted list using a hyphen. In addition to using the still supported '*'+space shortcut, you can now also use '-'+space shortcut

Fixed

This release has many bug fixes. Some notable fixes include

• A fix where tables clipped from Microsoft Word or Outlook did not appear correctly in Evernote
  • A fix where additional lines are pasted when pasting a line of text from Evernote to other applications
  • A fix for no longer dropping the check box and end line on copy/paste of a to-do item
  • A fix where some reminders are not synced after clicking the sync button
  • A fix to ensure the app if downloaded from the Windows Store respects the Options>Start on Windows Logon option
  • A fix so that selecting the 'New Note' button when in the Business tab with no notebook selected, no longer creates a note in Personal

54 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 12/5/2017 at 8:57 AM, CalS said:

Update. 

1. This seems to apply only to PDFs downloaded into a LOCAL notebook.  Scanned PDFs work as expected.
  2. I exported a few of the issue notes.
  3. I import them back into selecting LOCAL notebook and the issue persists.
  4. I import the same notes into a LOCAL notebook on my other laptop running EN 6.8.1.  They perform as expected there.

It would appear the issue occurred somewhere between 6.8.1 and today.

Edit:  It isn't limited to LOCAL notebooks.  I just downloaded a statement to the desktop and drug it into INBOX.  Same issue.  Go to other PC running 6.8.1 and the PDF menu is as expected.  So it would seem to be any downloaded PDF.

Update:

I developed a workaround for this.  When I download a PDF from the web now, I DON'T rename the file as I save it to my import folder.  This leaves the PDF context menu as is.  If I rename the PDF as I download it, or rename the PDF after it is in EN, something gets corrupted and the PDF context menu changes and becomes pretty much useless.  It seems like changing the PDF name makes EN think it isn't a PDF anymore???  Seems I remember a mod to get the file name in PDF banner, any correlation?

Below are the expected and error PDF context menus.  Since this is a beta thread I would appreciate EN acknowledging this as a bug or not.  Anyone else wanting to give it a go and confirm would be appreciated as well.

1.png.f28e719ccd2b74d49146f6a542b8ed66.png   Image.png.637a424e34ceb6d7e786f57f26e3d043.png

22 hours ago, JohnLongney said:

@Chantal Leonard and whoever it may concern

Can you please explain why you would chop and change installation paths in Win 10 and why the installer does not auto-correct path changes made by you? 

My version prior to 6.8.5 went into c:\programs(x86) and is still there and the latest release is now to be found in user\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote

I doubt if anyone at your joint has got the slightest idea between what should go into (86) and what  should go to AppData.  However, in my case, the arbitrary change caused some severe disturbance so pls read carefully.

In the start menu right at the top is Evernote, click and what does it do? It starts version -  see screenshot below -  and this one  wants to update to 6.8.5 again and again.  I tried from within, through manual download and still ended up with - see below.

My next step was to go to the older (x86) installation folder and amazingly that one also started off - see below

So,  here I am with two versions and both seem corrupt. The older (x86) size says 18.348 KB and the latest AppData\Local\--\ says 18.657 KB

Something gone severely wrong with the latest update and I am not prepared to wait for days on end to get this issue resolved. The endless bug-fixing and changes here and there is enough to drive anybody nuts, but faulty installers let loose is just too much to take. 

Here is what I want and what I feel I am entitled to. Within 36 h max I expect you to provide me with a valid link for the current  version as announced or I shall  raise a ticket for repayment of prepaid premium charges. Thank you! 

//

My own solution was to set back the machine  prior to installation of latest Beta, followed by complete deinstallation of the other version. Reinstallation of the latest Beta then went back to c:\programs(x86). Never would I have thought any company of self-respect would let loose an installer so crummy as to not recognise the previously used path. However and inspite of my real annoyance I had a hearty laugh when reading the ridicuously tell-tale  installation log I discovered in the purge. With any programmer up to scratch the faulty installation would have self-aborted.  Glad the Evernote app is basically of such simple construction, so all that is missing now is the entry in the start menu.

All I honestly hope is that no one from this team ever makes over to the other note taking app. With the generally more rational acceptance of that company in Europe and with a steady increase and appreciation of  that particular appplication you are losing out on markets which also spell cash. 

Thank you (for nothing)

Hi @JohnLongney - I'm sorry to hear about your issue.  Will follow up on DM to get some additional details and potentially any logs if you were able to keep those across the re-install. We haven't made any recent changes around installation since supporting per-user installs a few versions ago, but this shouldn't have affected you. The fact the installation went into AppData usually indicates that the installer determined that the user didn't have Admin privileges on the machine but since the install went to c:\programs(x86) on retry that seems improbable.  

• Evernote Expert

I generally use the pre-release versions of Evernote. Normally I have little feedback but the latest version has an issue which, for me at least, is a backward step.

The PDF viewing option is making greater use of the Foxit viewer that is built in.  I see that the intention is to update the inline PDF preview experience with easier access to key commands including print and download plus the display of the file name.  I didn't need that but can see that others might. 

However, what existed before a single place to click and open the PDF in an external PDF viewer - in my case I choose Adobe Acrobat. That appears to have disappeared and now I have to right click and scroll down to Open. So a two click option compared to before.

I know this is hardly a major issue but it is, from my perspective, a deterioration in the UI.

6.8.5.6298 (306298) Prerelease (CE Build ce-1.36.3494)
Windows 10

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, agsteele said:

However, what existed before a single place to click and open the PDF in an external PDF viewer - in my case I choose Adobe Acrobat. That appears to have disappeared and now I have to right click and scroll down to Open. So a two click option compared to before.

Does the following help?

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, CalS said:

Update. 

1. This seems to apply only to PDFs downloaded into a LOCAL notebook.  Scanned PDFs work as expected.
  4. I import the same notes into a LOCAL notebook on my other laptop running EN 6.8.1.  They perform as expected there.

Edit:  It isn't limited to LOCAL notebooks.  I just downloaded a statement to the desktop and drug it into INBOX.  Same issue.  Go to other PC running 6.8.1 and the PDF menu is as expected.  So it would seem to be any downloaded PDF.

Update to the update.  The context menu error occurs when I download a PDF directly to my Import folder.  If I download the PDF to the desktop, then drag the PDF to the note list and create a new note containing the PDF, the PDF context menu is as it should be.

Would someone mind verifying this to make sure I'm not just special....  :wacko:

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Thanks @jefito. It is certainly the issue that I've observed but your suggested solution doesn't work for me.

Sorry 'bout that. I replied there. Short form: it worked for me as described, not sure why it doesn't work for others.

This beta crashes several times in an hour of use, also hangs on "Not Responding" but never comes back.  Sometimes it is very fast, sometimes not.  If I can repro issues I'll submit a ticket, but would be interested to hear if anyone else is seeing crashes (i.e. app shuts down and on restart, you get the dialog to send the crash info to EN) or freezing issues.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, eafpres said:

This beta crashes several times in an hour of use, also hangs on "Not Responding" but never comes back.  Sometimes it is very fast, sometimes not.  If I can repro issues I'll submit a ticket, but would be interested to hear if anyone else is seeing crashes (i.e. app shuts down and on restart, you get the dialog to send the crash info to EN) or freezing issues.

Not here. Working fine. On Windows 10, have EN set to only sync recent notes, not my entire database.

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, eafpres said:

Not seeing it here either.  Something weird just now after I annotated an image in a table and EN got into a sync, red exclamation, sync cycle and started adding the same note to the same folder, not a conflicts folder.  Got about 8 of them and decided it was time to stop.  :wacko:  Other than that no slow downs or crashes.

Anyone at EN wants the offending sync busting note, I have an ENEX.

3 hours ago, EdH said:

Not here. Working fine. On Windows 10, have EN set to only sync recent notes, not my entire database.

I use sync everything as for my use model I was constantly waiting for content to download. That may be important. I may try resyncing my entire database, or the optimize option and see if that improves things. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, eafpres said:

I use sync everything as for my use model I was constantly waiting for content to download. That may be important. I may try resyncing my entire database, or the optimize option and see if that improves things. 

Haven't seen any crashes on two separate Win 10 machines, full syncing, across two separate accounts with shared notebooks between them.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, eafpres said:

I was forever getting "not responding" when syncing my entire database, and by forever, I mean going back to 2012/2013. The MySQL database they use just isn't up to the task. I think my constant posts about it over the years was at least a checkbox in the reasons to enable the sync on demand option.

The Mac doesn't have this problem as each note is its own file, not a database.

On 12/2/2017 at 2:59 PM, HerbyDE said:

Fine. But more important is to drag + drop a Evernote PDF attachment to other apps like Outlook, Explorer and so on. Please bring back this feature!!! :-)

Yes. Drag and drop in general should work in productivity app like Evernote. It used to work in 6.5.4. Please bring that back.

Not sure if others faced this. when i clicked a link in the pdf instead of loading in a browser. it loads inside evernote. changing notes doesn't remove the link. I have to close the app fully and reopen it to change it

image.png

• Evernote Expert
6 hours ago, NoLife said:

Not sure if others faced this. when i clicked a link in the pdf instead of loading in a browser. it loads inside evernote. changing notes doesn't remove the link. I have to close the app fully and reopen it to change it

That's an intersting thing... Yes, that's what I get too.  But worse, as you observe, the relevant resource opens inside the Evernote window and now I can't get back to the original note or to a different note. I click on the shortcut to a different note but the link content still occupies the window. Yes, I have to fully close Evernote and re-open to get everything back.

This looks like a proper bug. Have you raised a ticket?

@Chantal Leonard @Jason Miller

• Level 5*

BUG: Double tapping on a word on a touchscreen in beta 5 is now recognized as a right click instead of just a select.

And copy +paste i still inconsistent. An example is when I copy text from a Word-document, it doesn't preserve the formatting unless the text I copy includes footnotes..

2 hours ago, gustavgi said:

BUG: Double tapping on a word on a touchscreen in beta 5 is now recognized as a right click instead of just a select.

And copy +paste i still inconsistent. An example is when I copy text from a Word-document, it doesn't preserve the formatting unless the text I copy includes footnotes..

Hi

Which version of word are you working with and could you provide an example of the problem I can take to dev?  

Thanks for reporting the touchscreen issue. - also discussing with Dev

J

On 12/6/2017 at 6:08 PM, eafpres said:

Update--I have not been experiencing more crashing; now just the "usual" "Not Responding" issue.  Maybe in 2018 I can get a new PC with a pure SSD and all will be good again.

9 hours ago, agsteele said:

But worse, as you observe, the relevant resource opens inside the Evernote window and now I can't get back to the original note or to a different note.

This happens to me (Windows 10, EN 6.8 beta 5).  I played around a bit.  As noted you can click on other notes in the list but the content of the note panel does not change.  Likewise for notebooks.  Also, happens if you have the note open in its own window or in the EN note panel.  Looks like this browser-ish integration isn't ready for prime time yet.  I have not filed a ticket as one of you may have already done so.  If someone could confirm there is a bug open on this that would be great.

• Evernote Expert
12 hours ago, eafpres said:

This happens to me (Windows 10, EN 6.8 beta 5).  I played around a bit.  As noted you can click on other notes in the list but the content of the note panel does not change.  Likewise for notebooks.  Also, happens if you have the note open in its own window or in the EN note panel.  Looks like this browser-ish integration isn't ready for prime time yet.  I have not filed a ticket as one of you may have already done so.  If someone could confirm there is a bug open on this that would be great.

I raised this with the tech support team and they have confirmed the issue as a result. It has been referred to the relevant team for a future release. Let's watch to see how long it takes to resolve ;)

• Level 5*

I recently updated to this beta (6.8.5.6298), and the font size issue that was introduced in 6.6GA (and stuck around in subsequent beta and GA releases*) has finally been resolved (I don't think a lot of people were experiencing this, but it was driving me nuts).  :)

The issue is described here:

I didn't see it mentioned in the list of fixes @Chantal Leonard's first post, but hopefully the devs are aware of which changes resulted in this fix (and that it wasn't merely accidental), so that the bug doesn't get reintroduced in future versions.

* I'm not sure that 6.8.5.6298 is where the fix was made, but if it was an earlier beta, it wouldn't be far removed. As I mentioned, the bug popped up in 6.6GA and I installed most of the betas from then to 6.7GA and at least a couple of betas after 6.7GA, before I gave up on this bug being fixed anytime soon.

On 12/4/2017 at 11:58 PM, fchandler said:

Although it was announced that "Several fixes to support drag and drop of content from Microsoft Office apps and File explorer to Evernote and vice-versa" was included in the 5 beta release, I still cannot drag and drop attachments from MS Outlook into Evernote. Can anyone else verify the problem still exists?

Yeah I face the same issue. In fact in the earlier version I was able to copy, paste and match style properly with automatically formatted. Now in each line I get '*' and I have to delete and format each time I paste a copied text from MS Word.

• Evernote Expert
On 05/12/2017 at 1:06 AM, fchandler said:

Hi Jason. It appears it doesn't matter the type of content. I've tried dragging and dropping attached Word, PDF, and Excel files from MS Outlook into EXISTING notes and it just doesn't work. Now what I have discovered is that I can drag and drop the same MS Outlook attachments into the Note List panel and a NEW note is created with the file included. Again, it doesn't work with EXISTING notes. 

FWIW, I can drag and drop into an existing note or into the note list. Both work as I would expect. However, I* do not use Outlook preferring Thunderbird.  So, perhaps this is an Outlook issue.

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

FWIW, I can drag and drop into an existing note or into the note list. Both work as I would expect. However, I* do not use Outlook preferring Thunderbird.  So, perhaps this is an Outlook issue.

Unfortunately for outlook users that is true, it is an issue with outlook 

On 5.12.2017 at 2:06 AM, fchandler said:

Hi Jason. It appears it doesn't matter the type of content. I've tried dragging and dropping attached Word, PDF, and Excel files from MS Outlook into EXISTING notes and it just doesn't work. Now what I have discovered is that I can drag and drop the same MS Outlook attachments into the Note List panel and a NEW note is created with the file included. Again, it doesn't work with EXISTING notes. 

Same effect here. from Outlook 2016 drag and drop only works into the notes list, thereby creating a new note. Dragging into an existing note is now forbidden. Dragging a PDF from a note to a mail either results in a link address being pasted or some other strange object. It dose work though to right click a pdf object in a note, click copy and then paste it into an outlook mail window. Unfortunately this does not work the other way round. Needs to be fixed urgently.

• Evernote Expert
On 11/12/2017 at 10:49 AM, NoLife said:

This issue seems to have been fixed in the new 6.9 pre-release

2 hours ago, fchandler said:

Although it was announced that "Several fixes to support drag and drop of content from Microsoft Office apps and File explorer to Evernote and vice-versa" was included in the 5 beta release, I still cannot drag and drop attachments from MS Outlook into Evernote. Can anyone else verify the problem still exists?

Thanks for the information - filed a bug and looking into it

• Level 5*

Having spent about 18 hours getting the latest updates to Win 10 installed and running, I then updated to this version. At a quick look (will test more in the morning), it seems to be running faster - a good thing! Whether this is just timing with respect to Windows 10 updates remains to be seen.

12 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Fine. But more important is to drag + drop a Evernote PDF attachment to other apps like Outlook, Explorer and so on. Please bring back this feature!!! :-)

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, HerbyDE said:

and other email clients.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, pepr said:

Ctrl+scroll for changing text size still missing...

Best regards,

This works for me - just saying! But it looks like you have to come to the note you want to magnify/reduce just before you change the text size in this way...

59 minutes ago, pepr said:

The left menu autoscroll is a feature or bug?? 

In Tools -> Options -> Navigation Options uncheck "Scroll left panel item into view when the item is selected". Or leave it checked if that what you want.

• Level 5*

Not sure when it happened, but the ability to manage tags is getting better. I now see the ability to easily drag from the tags view to the list in the left panel, without undue delays. It would be nice to have the ability to move a tag to be a subtask of another tag as a right-click menu option. There is the ability to move a tag to the top level, and create a tag beneath an existing tag - both of which are great. Now can we close the loop and be able to move tags to be subtags without having to scroll through a long list of tags?

• Level 5*

Bug report.  This may have been around for a while.

1. Drag an image from a note into a cell in a table in a new note created in its own window.
  2. Right click. annotate, and then save the image in the table.
  3. The image in the table does not change, but the image in the original note does.

Everything seems to work fine once the window is closed.  So, only seems to happen between when the note is created and the new note window is closed.  Interesting how the original note is modified in the fail case.  Breadcrumb?

On 12/1/2017 at 7:28 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

Several fixes to support drag and drop of content from Microsoft Office apps and File explorer to Evernote and vice-versa

On 12/4/2017 at 10:28 PM, Jason Miller said:

Anymore info would be helpful, like the type of content you were trying to drag and drop into EN

Shouldn't all supported attachment be allowed to be dragged and dropped form and to Evernote as it was the case in 6.5.4 version and before. I mean that is the goal, right? Being able to drag and drop from Evernote to Web browsers for upload is super important and vice versa. It saves soo much time than having to save onto desktop than browse and copy paste back again.

2 hours ago, fchandler said:

Anymore info would be helpful, like the type of content you were trying to drag and drop into EN

• Level 5*

Bug report.

I tried to rename a PDF in a note in a LOCAL notebook.  Won't work, nothing happens after right clicking in the body of the PDF and then Rename.  Visually, I thought something was amiss, and I realized the menu is not the same for the local PDF.  Checked things out on a note in a synced notebook and everything is fine.  Wrong menu screenshot below. 

Also, accidentally determined that if you right click the banner of the PDF you get the same menu as right clicking in a note.  Not sure that is a desired feature.

Image.png.353d4a457f4c3cee5328276813800376.png

3 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, CalS said:

Bug report.

I tried to rename a PDF in a note in a LOCAL notebook.  Won't work, nothing happens after right clicking in the body of the PDF and then Rename.  Visually, I thought something was amiss, and I realized the menu is not the same for the local PDF.  Checked things out on a note in a synced notebook and everything is fine.  Wrong menu screenshot below. 

Also, accidentally determined that if you right click the banner of the PDF you get the same menu as right clicking in a note.  Not sure that is a desired feature.

I had a look at this because I happened to have a local pdf on screen. If you change the note to view the pdf as an attachment the change in name comes through - also if you navigate to another note and then back to the one with the changed name it shows correctly. Looks like there should be an "on edit" command to refresh the screen so that the banner is updated...

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, FactMan said:

I had a look at this because I happened to have a local pdf on screen. If you change the note to view the pdf as an attachment the change in name comes through - also if you navigate to another note and then back to the one with the changed name it shows correctly. Looks like there should be an "on edit" command to refresh the screen so that the banner is updated...

Thanks for taking a look.  Problem is, if you don't show your PDFs as attachments, the right click context menu does not have the Show as Attachment option for a PDF in a LOCAL notebook, for me anyway.  Right clicking in the PDF gets the menu in the screenshot above, not the "usual" one.  I can get the normal PDF menu if I go into settings and check Always show PDF documents as attachments.  But I want to see the PDF contents when I go to the note, so not the best.

All that being said, this is a new behavior, a recently introduced bug IMO.  I have renamed PDFs in LOCAL notebooks forever, can't remember never being able to do it.  Workaround for now is to save to Desktop, rename, delete the old PDF in the note, and then copy/paste (can't drag/drop anymore) the renamed PDF back into the note.  PITA until the bug gets fixed.

On 2.12.2017 at 2:28 AM, Chantal Leonard said:

Hi folks - 

We're excited to announce Windows 6.8 Beta 5. You can install it here or by checking for updates. Fixes in this beta include:

• A fix for an issue where the old name of an attachment re-appears after switching notes 
  • A fix for an issue where the Google sign in page doesn't appear when connecting to Google Drive 
  • A fix to show the file name of the PDF in the top left when previewing a PDF  
  • A fix for an issue where attachments don't highlight correctly when searching
  • A fix to show search results within PDFs
  • Several fixes to support drag and drop of content from Microsoft Office apps and File explorer to Evernote and vice-versa
  • A fix for an crash when trying to print an Ink note 

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions on the changes.

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows team.

---------------------------------------

Note: Version 6.8 is supported in OS versions Windows 7 and up.

Improved

We've made a number of changes to how a note is displayed. Some of the key changes include:

• Better Print results for notes including highlighting, italics and underline and the ability to print to PDF
  • Updated the inline PDF preview experience with easier access to key commands including print and download
  • If you have a touch monitor, you can now pan notes with the swipe of a finger
  • More quickly start a bulleted list using a hyphen. In addition to using the still supported '*'+space shortcut, you can now also use '-'+space shortcut

Fixed

• A fix where tables clipped from Microsoft Word or Outlook did not appear correctly in Evernote
  • A fix where additional lines are pasted when pasting a line of text from Evernote to other applications
  • A fix for no longer dropping the check box and end line on copy/paste of a to-do item
  • A fix where some reminders are not synced after clicking the sync button
  • A fix to ensure the app if downloaded from the Windows Store respects the Options>Start on Windows Logon option
  • A fix so that selecting the 'New Note' button when in the Business tab with no notebook selected, no longer creates a note in Personal

@Chantal Leonard and whoever it may concern

Can you please explain why you would chop and change installation paths in Win 10 and why the installer does not auto-correct path changes made by you? 

My version prior to 6.8.5 went into c:\programs(x86) and is still there and the latest release is now to be found in user\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote

I doubt if anyone at your joint has got the slightest idea between what should go into (86) and what  should go to AppData.  However, in my case, the arbitrary change caused some severe disturbance so pls read carefully.

In the start menu right at the top is Evernote, click and what does it do? It starts version -  see screenshot below -  and this one  wants to update to 6.8.5 again and again.  I tried from within, through manual download and still ended up with - see below.

My next step was to go to the older (x86) installation folder and amazingly that one also started off - see below

So,  here I am with two versions and both seem corrupt. The older (x86) size says 18.348 KB and the latest AppData\Local\--\ says 18.657 KB

Something gone severely wrong with the latest update and I am not prepared to wait for days on end to get this issue resolved. The endless bug-fixing and changes here and there is enough to drive anybody nuts, but faulty installers let loose is just too much to take. 

Here is what I want and what I feel I am entitled to. Within 36 h max I expect you to provide me with a valid link for the current  version as announced or I shall  raise a ticket for repayment of prepaid premium charges. Thank you! 

//

My own solution was to set back the machine  prior to installation of latest Beta, followed by complete deinstallation of the other version. Reinstallation of the latest Beta then went back to c:\programs(x86). Never would I have thought any company of self-respect would let loose an installer so crummy as to not recognise the previously used path. However and inspite of my real annoyance I had a hearty laugh when reading the ridicuously tell-tale  installation log I discovered in the purge. With any programmer up to scratch the faulty installation would have self-aborted.  Glad the Evernote app is basically of such simple construction, so all that is missing now is the entry in the start menu.

All I honestly hope is that no one from this team ever makes over to the other note taking app. With the generally more rational acceptance of that company in Europe and with a steady increase and appreciation of  that particular appplication you are losing out on markets which also spell cash. 

Thank you (for nothing)

Note: Versions 6.8 is supported in OS versions Windows 7 and up.

Improved

Better Print results for notes including highlighting, italics and underline and the ability to print to PDF

If you have a touch monitor, you can now pan notes with the swipe of a finger

More quickly start a bulleted list using a hyphen. In addition to using the still supported '*'+space shortcut, you can now also use '-'+space shortcut

Fixed

A fix where words selected in a note using touch caused the application to crash

A fix where users were unable to record audio

A fix where attachments dropped in notes received a temporary filename

A fix where replace in note (Ctrl+H) wasn't replacing text

A fix where a debug port was inadvertently left active

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, CalS said:

Bug report.

Update. 

I've been using Evernote for 7 years and I am almost done. EVERY time they put out an update I lose some function or something is broken. I'm just tired of this.  This update to is broken.  Won't run 2 minutes on my W10 box with out freezing.

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, Phrugal said:

I've been using Evernote for 7 years and I am almost done. EVERY time they put out an update I lose some function or something is broken. I'm just tired of this.  This update to is broken.  Won't run 2 minutes on my W10 box with out freezing.

On the other hand, nobody's making you use beta software. It might be a good idea to stick to general releases. But if you do run the beta, I'm sure that the team would appreciate problem reports, particularly for crashes.

16 hours ago, fchandler said:

Thanks, we have a bug filed and tracking this and additional test info from our QA folks to help Dev fix this

Archived