Automatic bullets are not deactivatable

MiMoHo

Idea

Since updating to the latest version 6.13.1 on Mac, the software transforms a hyphen and space "- " into a bullet without leaving any formatting option to disable the new feature. I do not want to have this kind of automatic background conversion. Everyone who prefers to use it can select a proper bullet from the formatting buttons above. I suggest to eliminate this feature or - at least - give the function to disable it. But as of now there is no way to bypass the automatism.

MiMoHo

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, MiMoHo said:

Since updating to the latest version 6.13.1 on Mac, the software transforms a hyphen and space "- " into a bullet without leaving any formatting option to disable the new feature. I do not want to have this kind of automatic background conversion. Everyone who prefers to use it can select a proper bullet from the formatting buttons above. I suggest to eliminate this feature or - at least - give the function to disable it. But as of now there is no way to bypass the automatism.

There is a setting in Evernote Preferences > Formatting5a217926248e4_ScreenShot2017-12-01at07_44_05.png.37711a4183f0de3362792a07541c7972.png

The Mac OS also has a preference settings for automatic formatting

Archived