Jump to content
wphall

Turn Off Auto Bullets from "-"?

Recommended Posts

Hello- I've noticed everynote seems to have a nasty habit of turning all text lines that starts with "-" into an indented bullet point. This feels very "Word" like's drive to make all formatting decisions for the user. This is pretty terrible on a mobile device since the indented bullets take up about 1/2 the screen and is quite frustrating on the Mac client.

Is there a way to turn off this auto formatting feature. I know there is in Windows but I can't find it in mac.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, wphall said:

Is there a way to turn off this auto formatting feature.

Evernote > Preferences > Formatting5a206d5e93480_ScreenShot2017-11-30at12_41_08.png.7a35eeb92aa5dfa05e86fa32735a8c7d.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hello- Thanks for the help. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have tried checking and unchecking that box. Its still converting - into indented bullet points any time I use it at the beginning of a new line. Is this just a bug within my client (v. 6.13)?

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post

Wait! I take that back...

I had to uncheck the box, close the window, quit/restart Evernote, and now its working. I should have done that before.

Sweet!! No more auto bullets. Nice!

Thanks again!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you! That helped me as well on the mac. (I have used + as a workaround for a while) 

The indentation just does not work on iOS, because it will consume a substantial percentage of screen space.

Star was the bullet trigger and "-" should not trigger a bullet. If it should trigger something, it would be an indented "-", but the indentation should be the smallest possible on iPhone.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2017 at 3:43 AM, DTLow said:

Evernote > Preferences > Formatting5a206d5e93480_ScreenShot2017-11-30at12_41_08.png.7a35eeb92aa5dfa05e86fa32735a8c7d.png

 

Thank so much for your help.

Also, if someone is using Evernote in Windows, then you should check this:

Screenshot_1.jpg.3dabf6296a9c4172e46fc25e4882376d.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/30/2017 at 9:43 PM, DTLow said:

Evernote > Preferences > Formatting5a206d5e93480_ScreenShot2017-11-30at12_41_08.png.7a35eeb92aa5dfa05e86fa32735a8c7d.png

 

this preference box is missing the "requires restart to take effect" text

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to change the standard "circle" of the bullet option to a dash "-"?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2017 at 1:36 AM, wphall said:

I had to uncheck the box, close the window, quit/restart Evernote, and now its working. I should have done that before.
Sweet!! No more auto bullets. Nice!

same happiness here )
thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/9/2017 at 8:30 AM, Finn Ove said:

Thank you! That helped me as well on the mac. (I have used + as a workaround for a while) 

The indentation just does not work on iOS, because it will consume a substantial percentage of screen space.

Star was the bullet trigger and "-" should not trigger a bullet. If it should trigger something, it would be an indented "-", but the indentation should be the smallest possible on iPhone.

If you download the newest version of Evernote for your iPhone, 8.17.1, you can turn this annoying auto-bullet feature off: Evernote > Account > Settings > Notes > Advanced Editing > turn List off. (Note that the Notes option under settings is not available in e.g. Evernote 8.7.1.)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...