wphall

Turn Off Auto Bullets from "-"?

Hello- I've noticed everynote seems to have a nasty habit of turning all text lines that starts with "-" into an indented bullet point. This feels very "Word" like's drive to make all formatting decisions for the user. This is pretty terrible on a mobile device since the indented bullets take up about 1/2 the screen and is quite frustrating on the Mac client.

Is there a way to turn off this auto formatting feature. I know there is in Windows but I can't find it in mac.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, wphall said:

Is there a way to turn off this auto formatting feature.

Evernote > Preferences > Formatting5a206d5e93480_ScreenShot2017-11-30at12_41_08.png.7a35eeb92aa5dfa05e86fa32735a8c7d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello- Thanks for the help. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have tried checking and unchecking that box. Its still converting - into indented bullet points any time I use it at the beginning of a new line. Is this just a bug within my client (v. 6.13)?

Thanks again!

Wait! I take that back...

I had to uncheck the box, close the window, quit/restart Evernote, and now its working. I should have done that before.

Sweet!! No more auto bullets. Nice!

Thanks again!

• Like 2

Thank you! That helped me as well on the mac. (I have used + as a workaround for a while) 

The indentation just does not work on iOS, because it will consume a substantial percentage of screen space.

Star was the bullet trigger and "-" should not trigger a bullet. If it should trigger something, it would be an indented "-", but the indentation should be the smallest possible on iPhone.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:43 AM, DTLow said:

Evernote > Preferences > Formatting5a206d5e93480_ScreenShot2017-11-30at12_41_08.png.7a35eeb92aa5dfa05e86fa32735a8c7d.png

Thank so much for your help.

Also, if someone is using Evernote in Windows, then you should check this:

Screenshot_1.jpg.3dabf6296a9c4172e46fc25e4882376d.jpg

On 11/30/2017 at 9:43 PM, DTLow said:

this preference box is missing the "requires restart to take effect" text

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to change the standard "circle" of the bullet option to a dash "-"?

Thanks.

On 12/1/2017 at 1:36 AM, wphall said:

I had to uncheck the box, close the window, quit/restart Evernote, and now its working. I should have done that before.
Sweet!! No more auto bullets. Nice!

same happiness here )
thanks!

On 12/9/2017 at 8:30 AM, Finn Ove said:

Thank you! That helped me as well on the mac. (I have used + as a workaround for a while) 

The indentation just does not work on iOS, because it will consume a substantial percentage of screen space.

Star was the bullet trigger and "-" should not trigger a bullet. If it should trigger something, it would be an indented "-", but the indentation should be the smallest possible on iPhone.

If you download the newest version of Evernote for your iPhone, 8.17.1, you can turn this annoying auto-bullet feature off: Evernote > Account > Settings > Notes > Advanced Editing > turn List off. (Note that the Notes option under settings is not available in e.g. Evernote 8.7.1.)