Shortcut for "move to NOTEBOOK again"

lhicks

Idea

Please consider what would appear to be a very simple and easy-to-do request. When I am organizing EVERNOTE using my GTD principles,  I want to store my completed GTD lists in a NOTEBOOK entitled "GTD DONE". Being the simpleton that I am, I often go several days and forget to do this to my daily GTD lists. It would be super if I could move the first note to the "GTD DONE" notebook and then simply enter the next GTD note and use a hotkey/keyboard shortcut to do the same thing over and over. I know that the feature exists - on the NOTE menu pulldown. But its too many steps. If it was a hotkey - it'd be so much easier.

Just a thought. Thanks for reading.

Larry

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You didn't say which Evernote client you are using -- Windows? Mac?

In the Windows client, you can select multiple notes from your note list and easily move them all to a new notebook.

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, lhicks said:

It would be super if I could move the first note to the "GTD DONE" notebook and then simply enter the next GTD note and use a hotkey/keyboard shortcut to do the same thing over and over.

As per @jefito, the notebook assignment can be done on multiple notes (Mac)
Also on my Mac, I can set keyboard shortcuts and use scripting to simplify processing

+1 on lhicks

I solved this in the past on Mac by creating an app shortcut called "Move to 'Processed' Again" (my Done folder is called Processed) which worked fine until a recent upgrade somehow messed it up (Evernote or MacOS upgrade, I don't know) .

@jefito and DTLow: selecting multiple notes at once is not practical at all. I want to be able to read/execute note by note and throw out once completed, not select a whole bunch without being able to see what's inside.

Having the shortcut by default should be incredibly simple and would save a lot of frustration.

Does the shortcut <shift>+<alt>+<M> help you?

I do a similar thing I think: I open a note and then move them to the same notebook. I have a macro set up to do <shift>+<alt>+<M> and then <enter>. That moves the note to the last notebook you selected.

Or did I misunderstand your question?

That doesn't work, sorry. On the Mac, the shortcut is <control>+<command>+<M>, which brings up the 'move to' menu. You still need to click on the notebook you want to move to though, 'enter for last selected' doesn't work.

Just for clarity, I have a shortcut (command + <) that appears correctly in the menu. It even works, but only once. If I open and close the 'note' menu, then go to a note and do the shortcut, the note will move. But when selecting the next note, the shortcut doesn't work anymore until I click on the menu again. After that it will work again, once. Very weird. Until about a month ago it always worked, now it's like it forgets the shortcut every time once it's used. 

Archived