Screenshots in Evernote Helper appearing at top of note

When using Evernote Helper, I take screenshots a lot and then add my own notes underneath.  For some reason, new screenshots are now appearing at the top of the note instead of the bottom, which they always did before. Is there a setting to change this?

• Level 5*

Windows? Mac?

In the Windows client, the clip always goes to a new note, as far as I know, so there's no distinction between the screenshot appearing at the top or the bottom of the note, since there is no other content.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tony_pq said:

For some reason, new screenshots are now appearing at the top

I was able to replicate this on my Mac.  The issue isn't in the note, it's in the Helper capture window and I can see new screenshots being inserted at the top

This is happening on a Mac. Also, just want to be sure I'm clear.  I am referring to taking notes by using the icon at the top of the desktop.  In the attached screenshot, I entered text first, then took the screenshot. The screenshot went to the top of the note. 

This has only started happening since I downloaded version 16.3.1 today. Before that, screenshots always appeared at the bottom of the note, or possibly wherever the cursor was.

Screenshot 2017-11-30 12.35.56.png

3 minutes ago, MosesMoses said:

I am seeing the same behaviour. When you save that note to E is it always saving to E, I am seeing some pretty consistent failures upon attempted saves, 

Best,  

It saves to Evernote fine for me.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I was able to replicate this on my Mac.  The issue isn't in the note, it's in the Helper capture window and I can see new screenshots being inserted at the top

@DTLow - Can you explain what you mean when you say it's in the "Helper capture window"? 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tony_pq said:

@DTLow - Can you explain what you mean when you say it's in the "Helper capture window"? 

Exactly the screenshot that you posted.  I wanted to point out that this wasn't an error generated when you click on Save

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, tony_pq said:

This has only started happening since I downloaded version 16.3.1 today. Before that, screenshots always appeared at the bottom of the note, or possibly wherever the cursor was.

I posted this as a bug report  in the feedback forum

7 hours ago, tony_pq said:

It saves to Evernote fine for me.

... The Helper works fine if I have the local iteration of E open (Mac User), I had transitioned to Browser only because I was unhappy with the number of hangs while syncing,  

I have been having the same problem with the evernote helper on Mac Sierra where screenshots appear at the top of the note, no matter where my cursor is placed.  Is there any time frame for this to be fixed?

• 1 month later...

Im having the same issue.  I use this feature frequently and now it's a lot of extra work to put the screen shots in the correct order.  I used to be able to put the screenshot where ever I put the cursor in the Helper window.  Now it just automatically goes to the top no matter where I put the cursor.  I have to end up pasting and pasting it to the place that I want it.  I have noticed now that I can drag it to where I want it, but it would be a lot more useful if I could just have the screenshot appear where I put the cursor in the first place like I used to be able to do. 

Is there any setting I can go to, or fix for this issue? 

• 1 month later...

I've been having the same issue since last November approximately.   I used the Helper's clipping feature to capture screenshots from web meetings, and I want them to be in chronological order.  It's very inconvenient to have to reorder them manually after each meeting.

There is no setting or preference to change this, as far as I can tell.

Archived