How can I work more efficient with Evernote

I have for some time considered starting using digital writing using a tablet and from what I understand Evernote seems to be a recommended plattform to use to in order to work more effective. However it is a complete mystery on how to do it and with what others applications one can use to synchronise all my work and hence be much more effective working as an individual and in teams or groups. Can you help me on the was?

Best regards

Christopher Weber-Fürst

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Christopher Weber Fürst said:

I understand Evernote seems to be a recommended plattform to use to in order to work more effective

I use Evernote as a digital filing cabinet, so I'm not sure "work more effective" applies

Here are some examples how I'm effective using Evernote

• My data is easily retrievable, via tags, search, shortcuts
    This is more effective than the traditional folder/subfolder filing
  • I use my iPad and Scannable app to capture receipts etc.....  Simple photo taking and it's done
  • I've implemented a task management process within Evernote
    Each task is a separate note; allowing me for various task views; current, open/closed, project ...
  • On my Mac, I use scripts to export data to a speadsheet for activities number crunching etc...
  • I use scripting on my Mac to add functionality

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Christopher Weber Fürst said:

I have for some time considered starting using digital writing using a tablet and from what I understand Evernote seems to be a recommended plattform to use to in order to work more effective. However it is a complete mystery on how to do it and with what others applications one can use to synchronise all my work and hence be much more effective working as an individual and in teams or groups. Can you help me on the was?

The first question is always "what are you trying to do here"? You need to be a lot more specific about your intended usage...

When you say "digital writing", I assume you are producing a novel, blog or some other "writing" related work, is that correct? Like others mentioned, your intended outcome is important for us to provide pointers.

I am not a writer, but you can use the web clipper or just simple copy paste during your research for anything you are writing about. When you are ready to collect your thoughts and connect points, you can access your notes quickly. And if you tag it properly and systematically, your system will flow smoothly.

One of the best features of Evernote is to be able to capture on the fly, in a website or a photo you take with your phone etc. So you can capture and collect data, information at any time. Then you can recall all those when you need them.

You become effective immediately by not having to re-think ideas or trying to remember one thing you had a week ago.

Hope this is a start. 

Archived