Mac High Sierra

Centolella

Idea

When I updated the operating system on my Mac to High Sierra 10.13.1, Evernote (version 6.13) would no longer open from the Dock or Application menu. While the Evernote icon appears in the menu bar, the only ways I have found to open the application are 1) to create an activity log from the menu bar icon which then allows me to sign into the application, or 2) to open the online version in Safari.  Evernote was running perfectly prior to updating the macOS.  Is there a fix for this problem? 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Centolella said:

Evernote (version 6.13) would no longer open from the Dock or Application menu.

My solution process would be

1. Reboot the Mac'; it solves many problems
  2. A simple app reinstalll
  3. A complete reinstall.  Remove the app, data, ....  The app AppCleaner is recommended
    Reintall the app and launch.  The database will be rebuilt from the servers. 
    Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes
On 29/11/2017 at 3:57 PM, Centolella said:

When I updated the operating system on my Mac to High Sierra 10.13.1, Evernote (version 6.13) would no longer open from the Dock or Application menu. While the Evernote icon appears in the menu bar, the only ways I have found to open the application are 1) to create an activity log from the menu bar icon which then allows me to sign into the application, or 2) to open the online version in Safari.  Evernote was running perfectly prior to updating the macOS.  Is there a fix for this problem? 

Interestingly I didn’t have a problem running Evernote after installing it AFTER I upgraded to 10.11.1 - so maybe you you should uninstall EN and re-install it.  Watch out for the root login bug in High Sierra BTW!!!

Archived