dinamande

Please bring back GRID VIEW for notebooks

Idea

I've been so lost ever since the update that deleted the grid view for notebooks. Please bring it back! If you agree, please comment and let's be heard.

• Like 1

9 replies to this idea

30 minutes ago, dinamande said:

I've been so lost ever since the update that deleted the grid view for notebooks.

The notebook grid view was dropped in the v6.12 Mac upgrade.  I think it was dropped a while back in the Windows platform.  afaik, the other platforms always had a simple notebook list view

I recall the Mac notebook grid view showed a grid of notebooks, along with large icons of a generic notebook.  The icons were not customizable, although that was requested in a different discussion

I only have 6 notebooks but I actually prefer the list view

To indicate your support for this request, please use the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

Agree ... plz bring notebook view back ... give your users a choice.  

I saw so many protests when this change was made - I really thought it would be reverted by now. I too work visually, and the list view is completely non-intuitive to me.

I've read through all the discussions here, and it seems as though EN has decided to stay with list view. It doesn't work for me.

I've seen several people refer to the Zoho app, which looks promising. I don't need pretty pictures and vibrant colors - all very nice, but not essential. But I do need that visual element so that paging through a list isn't a speedbump.

I don't want to force a change on the team until I'm sure. I'll test-drive Zoho and move us all over there if its missing features don't make it a deal-breaker.

I'm really disappointed that EN has been so unresponsive to these many, many demands and requests to give back something so many of us valued. Oh well.

Bring back the grid view. I'm researching alternatives. Why can't you offer a list or grid view? Why do you want to irritate your premium users by eliminating features?

Why would E/Note delete this... it was an option? At least give users an explanation!

On 1/31/2018 at 6:01 PM, rmkr13 said:

Pls pls bring bk notebook view!!!

Sorry to say - that will probably never happen. I'd move on to a better app with the view you want, especially if you are a visual person. Evernote has become irrelevant if you need that Grid or Notebook view.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:26 AM, rmkr13 said:

Why would E/Note delete this... it was an option? At least give users an explanation!

Why would Evernote be concerned with your needs over their agenda. If I were you, I'd move on. there are so many great note making apps out there with beautiful Grid/Notebook views. Good luck