macOS | Drag Evernotes to Calendar, maintaining title and link

Jasp

Idea

I like to schedule Evernote ideas in my calendar on macOS to plan my day's activities. 

If I drag the note to Calendar, I can move it around to the right day and time, which is really useful and in keeping with the way macOS works for its own stuff. 

BUT the link that it creates becomes the event title (which gives no clue to the note's content) and this link to the note is inactive. 

Can Evernote change the way that the 'Title' and 'Add Notes, URL or attachments.' fields line up with the Evernote? So that:

Event Title = Evernote Title

Event 'Add Notes, URL or attachments' = Evernote link. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 09.57.18.png

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Jasp said:

I like to schedule Evernote ideas in my calendar on macOS to plan my day's activities

There are 3rd party products to interface between Evernote and Calendar apps, for example  https://evernote.cronofy.com

On my Mac, I use applescript to create calendar entries from my notes in Evernote

A sample of the code is

tell application "Calendar"
                run
                tell calendar "Home"
                    make new event at end of events with properties {summary:theTitle, start date:theReminderDate, end date:theReminderDate + 5 * minutes, url:noteLink}
                end tell
                activate
            end tell

DTLow - thank you. I have just set up with Cronofy, which seems perfect so far. 

Just out of interest, at what point of your workflow do you run your Applescript? You select the Evernote then run the script from the Applescript menu? 

Cheers, Jasp

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Jasp said:

Just out of interest, at what point of your workflow do you run your Applescript?

My workflow is to collect notes in my Inboxes (default notebooks)

Periodically, I use a ProcessInbox script on my Mac.  Assigning titles, tags,... calendar entries

Archived