Can no longer move notes to shared notebooks!

David Zap

Hey guys!

I believe I have a simple issue. I have 2 accounts that I use, 1 associated with my work email and other with my personal email.  Usually, I create notebooks in my personal email and share them with my work account and move notes between them. Lately, in my work account, I cannot send notes to notebooks shared from my personal account. I have a little lock icon Shared notebooks show a little group icon. "Uber" is my latest shared notebook, and it doesn't show that group Icon. 

Is there a limit as to how much notebooks you can share between accounts? Do I need a premium account? I've attached some files and appreciate any help you guys can bring me. BTW, I use Evernote web and the Evernote app in Android. The attached screenshots are from the Evernote web & Android app.

Once Again, thanks, guys!

screenshot_20171123-161956.thumb.png.e13504a94710c42c053a56db3d558219.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 5.05.52 PM.png

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. I create notes and try to move them to a shared notebook, but the notebook is grayed out and shows a lock symbol. I contacted the creator of the notebook and he assures me that I have editing privileges. I was able to add/move notes to the folder in the past.

The thing is that I use 2 accounts (Personal and work, since they are linked via email)  and I am the owner of both,  and my personal  is a PLUS account. I keep it that way so that I don't mix work with personal stuff, since my work gmail account is fully supervised. 

I am having the same issue.  My husband and I both have accounts with shared recipe notebooks.  We used to be able to share notes, but now it other notebook shows a lock symbol on the notebook he originated and won't let me move notes to it.

5a4514673c691_ScreenShot2017-12-28at10_57_13AM.png.504dc492c45a79d58717270e47ee503d.png

• 8 months later...

Hi - same problem for me.

How can I move notes that I've emailed to myself (I have a pro account) to another notebook? My other notebooks appear in the drop down, but are greyed out and with a padlock symbol.

The owner of the notebook has shared it with me and I can create new notes in there and view all the content. The problem occurs whenever I've emailed a note to myself and then want to assign it to the right notebook. 

It would be helpful if someone at Evernote could reply and confirm if this is a known limitation or if it *should* work. 

Thanks

• Level 5

Is it "normal" that when moving notes to a shared notebook, the original (non-shared) note gets deleted (moved to Trash)? This is what I am seeing. EN 7.5 beta 2 on Mac.  If that's the expected behavior, a little note in the popup saying "the original will be moved to the trash" would be helpful to make it clear what is happening. I thought this was a bug when it first happened- and I was going to file a bug for it, but it seems this may be the actual intended behavior?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...