Sticky Notes

Dave Webb

Idea

I often use the sticky notes app on windows to organize and keep track of tasks that I need to accomplish.

I used to use Outlook for this, but since they added tagged emails into the task list, it got too cluttered for me to manage.

I like to group my tasks in sticky notes, sometimes by customer, and sometimes by "what I need to get done today...".  It is freeform enough that it allows me to organize my tasks.

I love evernote, and use it a lot.  I have tried keeping my tasks in evernote, but it requires that I go find my task notes.

So here is my wish: 

I would like to take a note from Evernote, and flag it as a "sticky note".

When I am in windows, I would like to right-click on the tray icon and pick "show sticky notes" and have the notes appear on my desktop (sized and arranged how I last left them).

If I am out and about, I can still pull up a note (that has been designated a "sticky note") and edit it, or delete it.

This way I still have task management on the go, but have my notes backed up and organized on my desktop.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dave Webb said:

have the notes appear on my desktop (sized and arranged how I last left them).

Not a "sticky note", but you can install icons on your desktop as shortcuts to notes

>>I have tried keeping my tasks in evernote, but it requires that I go find my task notes.

I use the Shortcut section to make it easier to find selected notes

Archived