Give Saved Searches There Own Place

BlueLobster

Idea

Just like how Notes, Notebooks, and Tags have there own section on the bottom left menu I feel Saved Searches should have there own section too. I often use Saved Searches as if they're tags, pretty much they are. And to be able to go into a menu area like you do for Tag and sort and search inside for all the other Saved Searches would be very helpful. As of now Saved Searches feel like an afterthought as they're hidden in the search box. Sure, you can add them to the shortcuts but I don't want to clutter my shortcuts up with a bunch of saved searches. 

To be honest Tags and Saved Searches could be one in the same. If you want to create a new tag just leave a tag like this "#Project" in the note. Then create a saved search for that word and there you have a tag. It works better than a normal tag as it goes right to the spot where you left it in that note when it's searched. 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, BlueLobster said:

Just like how Notes, Notebooks, and Tags have there own section on the bottom left menu I feel Saved Searches should have there own section too.

I use the Shortcuts Section, with entries pointing to select Searches, or select Tags

fwiw    In the latest IOS version, there is Search icon included with the Note iconD5E210F8-C308-4C73-9C3F-5C08D05DD6E7.jpeg.d313ac11445277c966b206267cde352d.jpeg

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, BlueLobster said:

Just like how Notes, Notebooks, and Tags have there own section on the bottom left menu I feel Saved Searches should have there own section too.

Saved searches appear under search on the iDevice and are in the left column on Windows at least.

ScreenClip.png.146acf9e93a3a9bc76014e5522a2f93a.png    or    2.png.73ae4081411eda2d9309476a9abdc170.png

Do you have an image of where you might like them?

21 minutes ago, CalS said:

Saved searches appear under search on the iDevice and are in the left column on Windows at least.

ScreenClip.png.146acf9e93a3a9bc76014e5522a2f93a.png    or    2.png.73ae4081411eda2d9309476a9abdc170.png

Do you have an image of where you might like them?

MacOS doesn't have the Saved Searches like what you show on the Windows Image. That would be nice to have. Why does Windows have it and not Mac? I checked the web interface and it has something like what Windows has but it still lacks the depth that Tags have like searching and grouping. 

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, BlueLobster said:

Why does Windows have it and not Mac?

Ah, sweet mysteries of life...  ;)

Yeah, searches are only one level deep.  Don't have a clue if this is on the Mac roadmap.  See how many folks up-vote this one.

Archived