Jump to content
  • 1
steamrunner

Evernote Mac Beta not showing any windows and grey menus

Idea

Hi all,

I've just updated to Mac beta 6.13.1 Beta 1 (455772 Direct) and the app no longer displays any windows. The app launches, the menu bar appears, but there are no windows and most of the menus are greyed out (notably the File and Window menus).  I'm kind of stuck.

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas?

Thanks,

S.

Share this post


Link to post

14 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 1

I was having the same issue and something quicker worked for me:

Left-click the Evernote icon in the task bar, type a new note and click the "Save to Evernote" button at the bottom.

This made the sign-in screen appear and everything started working after that.

Cheers,

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 minutes ago, steamrunner said:

I've just updated to Mac beta 6.13.1 Beta 1 (455772 Direct) and the app no longer displays any windows. The app launches, the menu bar appears, but there are no windows and most of the menus are greyed out (notably the File and Window menus).  I'm kind of stuck.

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas?

My troubleshooting steps would be

  1. Reboot the device; it sometimes  resolves issues
  2. Delete and reinstall the app
  3. Completely remove Evernote; app, data, ...The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.  Reinstall  the app and the database will be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I tried the reboot, then removing just the app - neither worked. I then used the AppCleaner app and removed everything. That worked. Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Reboot didn't work for me, nor did doing a simple reinstall of the app — I had to clean out everything (using AppCleaner).  After a fresh re-install and a re-sync all is now working OK again.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I am having the same issue. Evernote is currently unusable. Really frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Also, the same issue, just updated to Version 6.13.1 (Release) and no windows and greyed out menus - not what I pay a Premium Subscription for!

A clean install fixed it, but why was it necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-11-25 at 2:51 PM, Jaboy said:

I am having the same issue. Evernote is currently unusable. Really frustrating.

 

5 minutes ago, BlackWoxs said:

Also, the same issue, just updated to Version 6.13.1 (Release) and no windows and greyed out menus - not what I pay a Premium Subscription for!

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I have lost access to Evernote.  I did the reboot, delete, app cleaner which marginally fixed my problem but everything was now gone from my computer and was re-syncing incorrectly.  Today the original problem is back.

Rebooting , deleting the app, removing the app - none of these are real solutions.  They are hours of unnecessary frustration for me when I need to quickly reference a note for my job and lose my day fighting Evernote bugs....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 12/10/2017 at 9:42 AM, Eric MacDonald said:

I have lost access to Evernote.  I did the reboot, delete, app cleaner which marginally fixed my problem but everything was now gone from my computer and was re-syncing incorrectly.  Today the original problem is back.

Rebooting , deleting the app, removing the app - none of these are real solutions.  They are hours of unnecessary frustration for me when I need to quickly reference a note for my job and lose my day fighting Evernote bugs....

Same here. I use evernote for my job. I don't get paid to spend hours troubleshooting it. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 minutes ago, TheGooch said:

Same here. I use evernote for my job. I don't get paid to spend hours troubleshooting it. 

@Castorani posted the simple solution (linked below).  The solution was to access the Evernote Helper app in the top menu bar

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  If there's a bad install, I remove the app/components/...  and reinstall

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...