Advanced search syntax "any: ", Why does it need an extra space before search terms ? is it a bug ?

Blank Note

I am using the Windows desktop version of Evernote.

Just been playing around with all the advanced search options. There seems to be an inconsistency with the "any:" operator. It only works when I add an extra space after the colon ":"

For example,

any:computer finance    (nothing)

any: computer finance   (work as expected, note the extra space after the colon)

No other operator has such requirement. Is this by design ? if so, what was the reason ?

I also test with the tag: operator, eg. any: tag:computer tag:finance  Again, only work with the extra space.

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-19 at 9:04 AM, Blank Note said:

No other operator has such requirement. Is this by design ? if so, what was the reason ?

The any: parameter has no arguments; it's the first entry and applies to all the search entries
For example, any: computer finance applies to both text computer and text finance and any other entries in the search box

Your example had text search.  Suppose it was tag search - Would you expect to see 
any:tag:aaaa tag:bbbb

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

Your example had text search.  Suppose it was tag search - Would you expect to see 

not sure I understand your response.... but to use your example,

-----^--------------   (no EXTRA space after the colon)   In my Windows version of Evernote, nothing happen, no search result.

any:  tag:aaaa tag:bbbb

------^--------------  (see the extra space after "any:", and you get results)

As I said, I tried it with both "tag" and "text" search, the only way to make it work is to add an extra space after "any: "

No other operators (intitle:, notebook:, tag:,...etc) have no such requirement. eg. intitle:pizza   (no space after ":") or notebook:finance  (no space after ":"). They work fine.

The only way for "any:" to work is to add a space

any: pizza

----- ^-------------- (a space after ":")

I don't have another platform (Mac OS) or iphone to test, just wondering if other Windows users notice the same thing.

Archived