Update 8.6: tables (bug)

mavt88

Idea

I'll need to readjust all my tables to read on the tablet. IS IT SERIOUS? Look: http://www.evernote.com/l/Ai7TQIpe_JtH5YErB_CNqSzSSAbszos-KPo/

Now either I do this or I stop studying for Evernote with my tablet. What bag these iOS updates!

In update 8.5.1 was the problem of the back button (iPad 9.7 "). Now it is problem in the tables.

aff...

image.thumb.png.f0942610d9a896d33bfd42fd62ed7f53.png

Update of the post (28 nov 2017): I bought an Android (Xiaomi Mi Pad 3).

Unfortunately I did not support the errors on iOS 11.

I think Android is better at the moment to use Evernote (at least the tables there have not changed and the formatting is better).

Thank you for your patience.

17 replies to this idea

13 horas atrás, DTLow disse:

Can you explain what your images are showing; Why is the column truncated at that point?  

What "readjust" do you see making to your tables?

Simple If I make a table at the maximum resolution of my computer (1920x 1080) and then I'm going to review this same table, Evernote cuts the table (as seen in the link I posted). Even a simple 1-column table. Therefore, it does not do automatic reset. Before (in earlier versions of update 8.6), the Evernote-app would do this reset automatically. This move within the table is awful and breaks with the dynamic reading at the time of viewing the notes.

1 hora atrás, DTLow disse:

So if I understand, your issue is:

• Tables are no longer displayed with the column width reduced so they fit on the smaller iPad/iPhone screen.  
  • Tables are now displayed in fixed width columns, with a horizontal scrolling

Exact!

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, mavt88 said:

Yes, but this is horrible and counterproductive. Android now is better?

So if I understand, your issue is:

• Tables are no longer displayed with the column width reduced so they fit on the smaller iPad/iPhone screen.  
  • Tables are now displayed in fixed width columns, with a horizontal scrolling
7 horas atrás, CalS disse:

Anywhere from 3 to 10, mostly in the 3 to 5 range.  My frustration in the past was setting certain column widths on my PC (dates in particular), and then having those columns get scrunched on my phone or tablet, even though there was horizontal room to display the date on one line.  That doesn't happen now, which is great for me.  From what I've seen so far, most of my tables look like they do on the PC in horizontal mode on the phone.  Except for the widest ones, which now scroll.

How its good? Look:
http://www.evernote.com/l/Ai7TQIpe_JtH5YErB_CNqSzSSAbszos-KPo/

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, mavt88 said:

Evernote cuts the table

I'd agree that is an issue; it's not the experience other people are seeing

My troubleshooting process would be to delete the app and reinstall

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, mavt88 said:

Wow. But how many columns do you have on a table?

Anywhere from 3 to 10, mostly in the 3 to 5 range.  My frustration in the past was setting certain column widths on my PC (dates in particular), and then having those columns get scrunched on my phone or tablet, even though there was horizontal room to display the date on one line.  That doesn't happen now, which is great for me.  From what I've seen so far, most of my tables look like they do on the PC in horizontal mode on the phone.  Except for the widest ones, which now scroll.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, mavt88 said:

And looking "choppy" at some columns disrupts the precise reading and flow of reasoning.

Can you explain what your images are showing; Why is the column truncated at that point?  

What "readjust" do you see making to your tables?

4 horas atrás, CalS disse:

Sorry @mavt88, I think this is a GREAT change for folks like me who like to see their column widths of the same proportion across devices.  This release is just what the Dr. ordered.  Now the info I that uses one row in a column on the PC stays one row on the phone and tablet!  And it's readable, it doesn't get scrunched into a tiny font.  Yahoo!  Thanks EN.  :D

Wow. But how many columns do you have on a table? ¬¬

And looking "choppy" at some columns disrupts the precise reading and flow of reasoning.

I think topographic / general view is more important, especially to quickly review the subject on the tablet (as many students do).

Bad, Evernote. 

• Level 5*

Sorry @mavt88, I think this is a GREAT change for folks like me who like to see their column widths of the same proportion across devices.  This release is just what the Dr. ordered.  Now the info I that uses one row in a column on the PC stays one row on the phone and tablet!  And it's readable, it doesn't get scrunched into a tiny font.  Yahoo!  Thanks EN.  :D

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, mavt88 said:

There is an image on the website that I inserted that shows the impossibility even in landscape mode.

I was wondering why your table appeared truncated.

I've set up my tables for landscape screen width, but for a wider table I can just scroll left and right

4 horas atrás, stocky2605 disse:

Hi, just tap on the table to scroll horizontally to see all the text - doesn't work for you?

I liked the previous versions that I did not have to worry about tinkering with the table. Enter the note and that's it: everything was formatted. I use the app / tablet / Evernote to review my summaries. This system is counterproductive (tables, update 8.6). Breaks with the premise of Evernote.

When I study my summaries in Evernote, I do not want to think about storing tables to read content. I want to read and ready (everything already formatted and clean, free of embarrassment).

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, mavt88 said:

I'll need to readjust all my tables to read on the tablet.

14 minutes ago, stocky2605 said:

Hi, just tap on the table to scroll horizontally to see all the text - doesn't work for you?

or rotate the device to landscape

Archived