(Archived) Entering Todo checkboxes as list

Hi,

Just a quick suggestion for the developers, how about making an aditional list format where items are automatically setup with a checkbox. This seems more useful than manually putting the check box infront of each line item.

Cheers

Paul

I agree -- this is a great idea. Checkboxes almost always appear as a list, so it makes sense that you can create them quickly.

The programming rule could be simple: if the current line starts with a checkbox and the user presses return (even in the middle of the line), insert a checkbox at the beginning of the new line. If the user then doesn't want it, they just press backspace to delete it.

This would be sooooo useful!

Also think this would be a great idea. I would also like check boxes to have three status'—empty/unchecked, ticked/completed and also crossed/canceled as often items on the to-do lists are canceled for one reason or another and I would like to be able to track this. Currently I replace the check box with [x] but having it in the Evernote would be much nicer IMO.

Cheers,

Sam

• Level 5*

Yes, you can make feature requests here; if your request is specific to a specific Evernote client, then please make it in that sub-forum.

Yes, Evernote employees read all posts. They may not always reply, nor do they typically make promises that a particular feature will be implemented, or when, but they do read 'em all.

~Jeff

For what it's worth, there's a product called Nimbulist for the iPhone and iPad which is a dedicated sort of checklist creator for Evernote. I've been using it for grocery lists and quick to-dos.

I don't believe it's in Trunk, but it's available in the App Store.

- Barry

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am a premium member and use the checkbox feature daily. I work in sales and often create a checkbox list of items that needs to entered into our ordering system. It's really a pain when I have to go back and put checkboxes in front of each item I need to order and then check it off after I enter it. I think it should be a pretty simple enhancement and act like another list option; bullet, number, and how about checkboxes?

Archived