Evernote not Syncing all notes to my Macbook Air

Evo81

I've just got a new Mac book air. I've installed the Evernote client, but it only syncs around 260 of a total of 2068 notes, then stops. No error, but just lots of notes missing.

So to be clear:

• I've add an EN account for ages. Via the web client I have a total of 2068 notes. These also show correctly on my iphone
  • I have a basic account, and I'm using just two devices - a phone and this Mac
  • I've tried re-booting. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. (including remove the app, emptying the trash and removing the Application Support/com.Evernote folder as suggested on another thread). I've also revoked the device via the webclient
  • I've tried this a number of times and each time I re-install the sync starts, quickly syncs 266 notes then stops

Its really frustrating & I'm surprised as I've hand no problems with EN over many years of use.

The only odd thing I've notice is that once a pop up box said something about noticing an App Store install of Evernote and needing to copy notes before opening evernote.

Please help!

Thanks

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-16 at 2:57 PM, Evo81 said:

I've just got a new Mac book air. I've installed the Evernote client, but it only syncs around 260 of a total of 2068 notes, then stops. No error, but just lots of notes missing.

You can force a full sync by
Hold the **Shift** and **Option** keys on your keyboard and click the sync icon

>>The only odd thing I've notice is that once a pop up box said something about noticing an App Store install of Evernote and needing to copy notes before opening evernote.

There are two app versions  app-store and direct-download
They store the database in different Mac folder locations

@DTLow Many thanks, that fixed it easy as that. 

Would love to know why this isn't documented better and why the sync button (with no modifiers ) does something different. Very frustrating to have spend so much time on it - lots of searching & didn't get to this simple fix

Thanks once again!

Archived