Feature Request(s) for Working in Two Notebooks

I'm using EN Business in my law practice to help synthesize facts from a case file. I keep case file documents in one notebook, and build case facts in another notebook. The limitation is that it is difficult to toggle back and forth between my documents notebook and my facts notebook. To open a document, I have to go to one notebook; but to create a fact, I have to go to another notebook. Back and forth, back and forth.

Sometimes I will use the web interface. But that is limited because the shortcut keys are different or unavailable, there is no highlighting function, sorting functions are limited, etc.

One or both of the following features would be a great help:

1) Allow opening multiple instances/windows of Evernote.

2) Allow creating a business note via the shortcut-key Control+Alt+N. Currently, Control+Alt+N will only create a personal note. And Control+N will only create a new note in the current notebook. I need a way to create notes in a different notebook without having to leave the notebook I'm currently working in.

Please advise. Thanks,

Tim

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-12 at 10:52 AM, Tim Kowal said:

The limitation is that it is difficult to toggle back and forth between my documents notebook and my facts notebook. To open a document, I have to go to one notebook; but to create a fact, I have to go to another notebook. Back and forth, back and forth.

I use Evernote on a Mac

• The Mac platform allows tabs for each notebook 
  • I can open a note in it's own widow which allows me to work on a note in the main window and reference a different note
  • I use scripts to provide workflows like "create business note"

Not sure what you mean by "tabs for each notebook."

I can also open a note from one notebook in its own window and then work in a second notebook. What I need to be able to do is CREATE new notes in the first notebook without toggling back each time.

• Level 5*

Ah, darn, I was afraid of that.  As @DTLow said, on Mac you can now have multiple Evernote tabs open - this is a function of the newer Mac operating system, not of the Evernote app itself.  But the same doesn't hold true for Windows.

You might want to post this in the Evernote Feature Request forum to allow people to vote for it - I know I will!

Archived