Notes search rendering limited or no results

Since upgrading to the latest version of EN for mac, when searching for notes it is bringing up limited or no results. Is this a bug?

Having separate slowness issues with the ios app since updating also. Not impressed.

On 10/11/2017 at 4:46 AM, DTLow said:

You can rebuild the search index5a0520b37689f_ScreenShot2017-11-09at19_43_56.png.6bb46d26434c2b3e540b34dba0f257a2.png

Hold down the option key, click Help
then Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Test Search Index

Thanks. this did the trick with the mac app. My iphone app is also super slow; will this rebuilding of the search index on mac, also effect the iphone app? Or do I have to rebuilds its index separately. If so, how do I do that on iphone?

thanks

• Level 5*
Just now, JoshJ1 said:

My iphone app is also super flow; will this rebuilding of the search index on mac, also effect the iphone app? Or do I have to rebuilds its index separately. If so, how do I do that on iphone?

My process on IOS devices is to delete the app, then reinstall

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My process on IOS devices is to delete the app, then reinstall

Yeah, I tried this a couple of weeks ago and it didnt improve performance. Loading time and page navigation is almost unusably slow. Any other suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 9:46 PM, DTLow said:

You can rebuild the search index5a0520b37689f_ScreenShot2017-11-09at19_43_56.png.6bb46d26434c2b3e540b34dba0f257a2.png

Hold down the option key, click Help
then Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Test Search Index

Yet again, I bow to your expansive wisdom about "all things EN." (They should hire you. Now. Or maybe yesterday.)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice. I am rebuilding the search index as suggested by DTLow (on Evernote for Mac).

I have about 8,000 notes for this rebuilding function to search through. 

Is there anyway of monitoring its progress, other than looking at Evernote's CPU usage on Activity Monitor?  

Also, is there any need to rebuild the Spotlight search Index also?  I see that listed in the context menu also.

In my usage of Evernote thus far, I have never found any Evernote hits in my Spotlight searches...

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, evernoteforumQ said:

Is there anyway of monitoring its progress, other than looking at Evernote's CPU usage on Activity Monitor?

You can monitor your Acivity Log

Hi, pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by monitoring Activity Log in the case of an iMac?

I am using an iMac and can only see CPU usage on Activity Monitor.

I found an App called Console, within the Utilities folder in my Applications folder, but can't see how that indicates indexing progress.

Sorry, I just realized you mean activity log within the Evernote app.

I found this:

2018/01/16 07:46:43:546 I|*   17007 -[ENNoteIndexHelper operationToReportProgressWithDependency:message:]_block_invoke | Mass Reindexing in progress: 500/527 notes reindexed
2018/01/16 07:46:47:199 I|*   16999 -[ENNoteIndexHelper operationToReportProgressWithDependency:message:]_block_invoke | Mass Reindexing finished: 527 notes reindexed
2018/01/16 07:47:51:537 I|*   16999 -[ENNoteIndexHelper operationToReportProgressWithDependency:message:]_block_invoke | Mass Reindexing finished: 2 notes reindexed

Can I relax now, in the knowledge that it has finished?

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, evernoteforumQ said:

Can I relax now, in the knowledge that it has finished?

I'd say yes.  Does the note count look ok?  How is search working now?

The note count in my notebook list looks okay, but that didn't change during the problem, I think.

I checked the log again and it hasn't changed since "2 notes reindexed", but more importantly, the search seems to be working again, thanks!

BTW, I figured out why iMac Spotlight search wasn't picking up any Evernote results; "documents" wasn't checked in Spotlight preferences, oops!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived