List renumbering and bullets

Ross Jackson

Idea

Hello, this is my first time in the forums so I'll try to be brief...

I have an issue with the numbering format for numbered lists with indented bullets.  I had a list of bulleted material with sub bullets that I wanted to change into a numbered list.  When I tried to do this however, first some of the tabs and formatting for my existing subullets were removed and realigned with my main bullets.  Also, it changed the sub bullets to numbers (which I guess makes sense in theory) when I would have preferred to leave the sub-bullets alone and stay bullets.  But my biggest problem of all (that also seems to have no manual work around) is that when you change the list to numbered, if there are any sub-bullets under any of the numbers, the numbers reset to 1 for the next main item on the list after the sub-bullet for the previous number.  I cannot figure out how to fix this for the life of me.  Plz help.

2 replies to this idea

If you highlight the entire list (or use Ctrl-A if all you have is the list) and click on the bullet tab it will cycle through a few different numbering sequences.  I had the same issue, where main bullet points kept on being renumbered as 1 (seemingly at random).  When I did this, it renumbered them correctly, and I had several layers of sub-numbering.

Archived