Transparency with white background

gewappnet

Idea

Evernote for iOS behaves differently than Evernote for Windows or Evernote for macOS when displaying transparent pictures. It uses a black background instead of a white background. This causes a big problem for the new handwriting functionality of Apple Notes in iOS 11. If you export a handwritten note of Apple Notes via sharing to Evernote, the resulting note in Evernote will be a picture with black text on black background. So it's unreadable.

Could you please make the background white for pictures with transparency in Evernote for iOS like it is in the other versions of Evernote?

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gewappnet said:

If you export a handwritten note of Apple Notes via sharing to Evernote, the resulting note in Evernote will be a picture with black text on black background. So it's unreadable.

My experience is I see a duplicate of the Apple Note; black handwriting on a white background (iPad Pro)

If I switch to image display, I see black on black (iPad); black on grey (Mac)

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My experience is I see a duplicate of the Apple Note; black handwriting on a white background (iPad Pro)

If I switch to image display, I see black on black

Yes, I talk about the image display (= full view). This should be displayed black on white like it is on Windows and Mac in Evernote.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, gewappnet said:

That does not really help, because Evernote is not able to recognize text in images of PDFs.

Ok then, how about a screen capture

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Ok then, how about a screen capture

Would be very inconvenient, because a handwritten note in Apple Notes is always one scroll page, that gets longer and longer. The procedure of transferring a 10 screens long note to Evernote would be cumbersome.

Archived