where are these notes coming from?

ChipAHoy

I am constantly finding notes that I did not create in my EN account. From looking at the content of these notes, it appears that they are somehow generated from emails that I receive (most of which are political in nature). I have deleted all of my IFTTT recipes that involve Evernote, but I am still getting these unwanted notes in Evernote.

Any tips on how to trace the origin of these notes and to stop them from showing up?

15 hours ago, ChipAHoy said:

I have deleted all of my IFTTT recipes that involve Evernote

How long have  you authorized IFTTT access to you EN account?    If you have deleted all your recipes, have you also dis-connected Evernote?

I have a similar problem although a single note, once/week.    I have not tried disconnecting yet (I will need to do that on that one day/week), now giving myself a reminder in EN to do that. :-)

• Level 5*

What is the OS for your Evernote client? What is your email client? Is it Outlook? Outlook is the only email application that has a direct integration with Evernote, as far as I know (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005997-How-to-use-Evernote-for-Outlook).

Other than that, there should be no way for Evernote to be reaching into your email client for notes; it would need to be on the other end (IFTTT hasn't fully stopped forearding emails along, etc.). You might try exporting an emailed note to Evernote format (.enex) and examining the exported file in a text editor for clues...

Archived