Doing note-taking in pdf-files and commentory on notes

Hi guys.

I am new to everenote and have two questions:

1) In Evernote, can I annotate the PDF-files, as in making dialogue text bubbles on the pdf-articles? Is there a good way to make such note taking on pdf-articles in Everenote, or should I otherwise annotate them outside of Evernote and then put them in Evernote? The pdf-files I am talking about is scientific articles, so I want to do note-taking in the margins. 

2) If I have a note, can I make a "commentory note" on that note? For example, If I have a pdf-article saved in my notes, can I make a commentary note on that article so that I have "2 notes in 1 note". If I for example want to analyze the content of the article and connect those two together, I mean.. Or, do I need to make a separate note then? Do you guys have any tips for doing such commentory notes?

Thanks!  

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-07 at 12:07 AM, UnoPierre said:

1) In Evernote, can I annotate the PDF-files, as in making dialogue text bubbles on the pdf-articles?

Yes, it's a paid account feature.  It works, but it's very basic - I use third party products
Evernote Mac allows you to open/edit the pdf in any application.  I like to use Preview and Notability

>>For example, If I have a pdf-article saved in my notes, can I make a commentary note on that article so that I have "2 notes in 1 note".

I like to work in a two column table.  The pdf in one column; my commentary note in the other column

Archived