make search item box larger

everc

Idea

The search item window or box in the toolbar is too small. When I search for notes with a specific tag, and when the tag I select is a longer word, I have no chance to add in the search box an additional search criteria. Therefore, the search box should be larger. In the previous Evernote versions it worked fine but now?

evernotesearchnoteitem.pptx.pdf

16 replies to this idea

1 minute ago, Clarknet said:

I STRONGLY AGREE with this comment.

Its is ridiculous that a note taking application that has nearly 10 years of my information has a search box that holds less than a few words, AND then puts tags, notebook filters into the same field!!!! 

See screenshot.  Do people not do significant searches in Evernote?

Evernote_Search_Box.jpg

This has just recently been fixed in 6.13.3.  ????.   5a578d24aa099_ScreenShot2018-01-11at16_05_39.thumb.png.55eb847cf94d27112d4294765d7eef55.png

I STRONGLY AGREE with this comment.

Its is ridiculous that a note taking application that has nearly 10 years of my information has a search box that holds less than a few words, AND then puts tags, notebook filters into the same field!!!! See screenshot.  How does this not get fixed since July! Search is a key value of the product. Current development team -1. 

Evernote_Search_Box.jpg

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Frank Blome said:

I can't speak for all platforms, but on the Mac the search bar is just a joke. Please enlarge it massively!

I see the search box size increased in the latest version - 6.14 Beta 1 (455965 Direct)

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-07 at 10:52 AM, shochshoch said:

Can we roll-back to the prior version?

I see no problem with "rolling back"; it's my process for resolving issues I can't work-around

My rollback process is:

• Completely remove Evernote from my Mac; app, data, ... The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
  • Reinstall the app; launch and let the database be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

I allowed my Mac to upgrade to 16.3 -- a really bad mistake!

The search bar is either narrower, or does note expand;  when you do a search specifying a particular notebook, there is no room left to enter the search term!

This makes Evernote UNUSABLE.......I hope there is a bug-fix coming, soon.

Does anyone have a work-around?

Can we roll-back to the prior version?

Archived