Sign in to follow this  
Wildwookie

Moving to new Mac, can only get notes from 2 years ago

I need to get my notes from my old mac to my new one urgently.

I've checked on the web version that my notes are all present & correct. Installed the latest app on new mac, logged off old and signed into new and I have only a fraction of my notes all from over 2 years ago.

I really need to access my new stuff and I cannot get it to bring anything more across.

I've followed all the steps on the Evernote  support article https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313378-How-to-troubleshoot-syncing-issues

What can I do? I'm at my wits end.

To make matters worse, I also don't appear to be able to log a support ticket I just get bounced to help files.

On 2017-11-03 at 3:36 AM, Wildwookie said:

I've checked on the web version that my notes are all present & correct. Installed the latest app on new mac, logged off old and signed into new and I have only a fraction of my notes all from over 2 years ago.

Is the activity log showing any information why the sync failed?

You can trigger a full sync by

Hold the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel 

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.  I start fresh and remove Evernote from my Mac; app, database, ... The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.  Reinstall the  app and the database will be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning; the rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsync'd notes

>>To make matters worse, I also don't appear to be able to log a support ticket I just get bounced to help files.

Support tickets are a feature for paid accounts

Non-paying accounts can use  Twitter @evernotehelps

Hi there @Wildwookie,

Are you still seeing the problem after @DTLow's suggestion? If you you're still seeing it, can you send me your activity logs?

1. In Evernote, hold down the option key on your keyboard and click on Help > Troubleshooting > View All logs. 

2. Zip the logs and send them to me via direct message.

Thank you, 

• Like 1