Evernote for Android 7.14

May Allen

Idea

Today Evernote is releasing Evernote for Android 7.14

We’re excited to ship further improvements to the Chromebook desktop and touchscreen experience including:

• A new layout for easier navigation to your notes
  • Larger text size for better readability
  • Control+N to quickly create a note
  • Smoother handwriting on supported Chromebook devices
  • Other bug fixes and improvements

On the desktop side, we further optimized the layout for desktop use and added keyboard shortcuts to quickly create notes. For example, we added a third column to make use of the wider form factor, and you can create a new note by using Control+N.

On the touchscreen side, we made some improvements to provide a natural writing experience. We set a goal for ourselves to make handwriting as fast and smooth as possible. The end result feels like writing on paper and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on this new experience.

Evernote is excited about a future where the desktop experience and touchscreen experience blend together seamlessly to help you capture your notes at the speed of thought. We hope you enjoy these improvements to the Chromebook experience.

4 replies to this idea

I do have a bug on my Android Evernote on my Chromebook. When I click on a Saved Search, it filters the list as it should. When I click on any one of those notes, the context is lost and the filtered list is now All Notes. I had this issue on the Beta as well.

I like the larger font and handwriting improvements, but I've run into an issue when creating new notes or duplicating existing notes in specific notebooks. It always defaults to my default notebook, no matter what notebook I'm "in" at the time. I use this feature everyday, so it's very frustrating.

Thank you!
Phillip

Archived