New Notebooks Being Removed from Stacks

m_strat17

Idea

For the past few weeks I've been having a problem with new notebooks.  I am using Evernote 6.7.5.5825 on Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.

I right-click on a stack and select "Create Notebook in 'Stack.'"  I then create a new notebook, and it appears in that stack.  However, when Evernote syncs, the notebook is removed from the stack.  This is happening every time.

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you have Evernote open on any other device?  Are changes otherwise syncing normally?  Can you add a stack after signing in to Evernote.com?  Are you using any special characters in the notebook name?

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I also use Evernote on an Android phone.  Changes are otherwise syncing normally.  I am able to add a notebook to a stack from evernote.com.  I am not using any special characters in my notebook names.  My notebook names are first and last names of clients, for example, "John Doe".

• Level 5*

Ah.  Sorry - thought it was disappearing.  Anyways:  if the notebook still exists,  can you drag and drop it back in the stack?  Or right click the notebook and try 'add to stack'?

Edit:  -and then sync again?

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, m_strat17 said:

Yes, the notebooks are empty when they are removed. 

Are non-empty notebooks ever removed? If not, i'd say that this is the problem / bug. Try adding a dummy note to the notebook when you create it, as a workaround.

Archived