Incomplete Sync - iPhone 6S

IS THERE A SETTING TO NOT SEARCH THE TRASH ON THE PHONE? (I've looked, not seeing it.)

I've discovered FacileThings facilethings.com and combined with Evernote it seems to be a easier way to acclimate to GTD. 
In the process I've deleted and almost tagged my 4000+ notes.
They sync fine with web.evernote but not the phone.
On the phone I have items I trashed on the app that are still show up on the phone with a -tag:* search.
I know because when I search notes with -tag:* I get 193 results on app and web, but 594 on the phone. 
I've cleared the phone Evernote cache (account>settings>clear cache).
What else should I try?

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Randy Zeitman said:

IS THERE A SETTING TO NOT SEARCH THE TRASH ON THE PHONE? (I've looked, not seeing it.)

Are you using the current version of Evernote?  My experience is that notes in Trash are excluded from search

You do have the option of emptying the Trash

DTLow, yes, current.

gazumped, will do.

But what I will also do is force refresh of all notes:

1) Make a folder called "TOTRASH", move all the Trash notes in it. Trash the Notebook.
2) Create a tag, "deletethistag" for all notes, and assign it to all notes.
3) Create three or four new notebooks and move all notes to them. Right now I have 20 and everything's getting tagged.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, Randy Zeitman said:

Problem ALMOST solved.

Notebooks/Notes sync perfectly but there are many tags on the phone that have been deleted. 

I've no idea how to remove them. It's not a terrible thing but hey, I'd like to remove them.

Unless you're using offline notebooks, little data is maintained on the phone; it's accessed from the server via the internet

I'd just delete the app and reinstall

Archived