searching for an email solution..

Harrywinston

I'm looking for some solution to not-overly-scalable solution I have currently.

Right now, I'm using gmail, the browser version. Part of the work I do involves sending out emails with the same text, but different attachments to groups of people.

So what I've setup, is when I get a new contact, file it with the appropriate groups I need. A single contact may be in one or more group.

When I need to send an email, I select the group, copy/paste the email text, then manually select the file I need. This works, except I have like 30 groups, so it takes me quite a bit of time to get that done.

So I'm wondering, if there's any email program that allows me to have templates. That way, I can just open up the template for each group, change the attachment, email. But, this program also needs to be able to import my gmail groups setup - there are too many addresses to setup in groups again manually.

I already tried thunderbird, but I couldn't get it to do my gmail grouping properly. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other solution?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't see that involving Evernote at all,  but one tool that we use a lot might help you,  even in Gmail.  Have a look at Phrase Express - it's a 'text expander' which means that when you type a code it fills in the full words or paragraphs indicated by that code.  It can insert current dates and times automatically and can be set to pause to allow an operator to fill in variables where required.

Don't know what its limits are,  but in principle I don't see why you shouldn't have the complete text of one email available at the touch of a key - Ctrl+1 forinstance - and you wouldn't have to leave Gmail to insert it...

• Level 5*
On 10/31/2017 at 10:54 PM, Harrywinston said:

I'm looking for some solution to not-overly-scalable solution I have currently.

Right now, I'm using gmail, the browser version. Part of the work I do involves sending out emails with the same text, but different attachments to groups of people.

So what I've setup, is when I get a new contact, file it with the appropriate groups I need. A single contact may be in one or more group.

When I need to send an email, I select the group, copy/paste the email text, then manually select the file I need. This works, except I have like 30 groups, so it takes me quite a bit of time to get that done.

So I'm wondering, if there's any email program that allows me to have templates. That way, I can just open up the template for each group, change the attachment, email. But, this program also needs to be able to import my gmail groups setup - there are too many addresses to setup in groups again manually.

I already tried thunderbird, but I couldn't get it to do my gmail grouping properly. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other solution?

I used to use Thunderbird, switched to eM Client.  I have some mail lists that I use, though not nearly as many as you.  May or may not fit your use case.

Archived