Sqeezed Note? Narrow Note?

IncrediMetaBeta

Idea

Why are web-clipped pages often squeezed into a box with a narrow width?  It prevents you from seeing the full width and from reading text, unless you go to the bottom of the note and use the horizontal scroll bar.  Is there a setting that can change this?  If this problem and a workaround to it is explained anywhere, please post a link. 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are you saying the note is much wider than the clipped page content,  which forms a thin panel dwn the middle?  If you're clipping a section from a web page it could be that the 'hidden' CSS coding on the original page forces the text into a column.  If you try Simplify or Remove Formatting,  the layout may improve...

Yes, that's what I was attempting to describe.  Your explanation is the first I've had in 4 years.

When you say Simplify or Remove Formatting, I assume you're referring to the clipping options, Simplify Article or Article.

Why is it so impossible for Evernote to deal with the CSS coding, so that you can clip the entire page?

• Level 5*

Web pages come in many different styles and layouts - and different versions of half a dozen different coding languages.  Clipper works on a basic level so as to get the content you want as quickly as possible.  The formatting controls I was mentioning are a right-click in the note body,  once the clip has been set up as a note - but yes,  sometimes using the different versions of clip,  including screenshots can be useful...

59fa0aa59a7f7_ScreenClip6.png.75c0beff08e494969a3fa00ba2dd77c7.png

Archived