Search not highlighting found info

CWBillow

When I search my notes on my desktop Evernote, it finds what I am looking for fine, but it does not seem to be highlighting the answers.  Is there a way to check / change the highlighting color to make it more visible?

Regards,

Chuck Billow

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, CWBillow said:

When I search my notes on my desktop Evernote, it finds what I am looking for fine, but it does not seem to be highlighting the answers.  Is there a way to check / change the highlighting color to make it more visible?

What kind of searches are you referring to? Plain text searches, as opposed to searches for text inside a single note? The current Windows beta (6.8.3.6052) will add a highlight above text matches for general note searches; I don't know whether this is new behavior, and if the highlight above the matched text is intentional -- as I say, this is in the latest beta. Also, highlights for single note text searches are highlighted, and have been for some time.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have highlighting on my W10 setup - Evernote can't apply highlighting inside some files,  so I have to use the native 'find' function in that file,  where that's an issue.  No way that I know of to change the color or make it more obvious,  other than maybe looking at the brightness and contrast of your screen,  plus its color temperature - if those settings are available on your device.

Obvious test - create a note with an unusual word in a paragraph,  then do a global search for that word.  See how it's found (if it is found) in the test note...

• 1 year later...

In my case, with the Windows version 6.17.5.8273 (308273) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539), when I search for something, words that are highlighted are those of my previous search until I click on another item than the first one selected. After that, if I click again on the first one, the highlight engine work.

That is a workaround but when I just have one result, I cannot click elsewhere and the highlighted words are wrong because they are from the previous search.

Archived