Is it still possible to clip directly to local notebook in 2017?

usver

Hello.

I appologise for my bad language, but I can't find more appropriate words.

!$)*$)(*#%WHJ (Bad words about Evernote). Too many information in Evernote. If I could, I would replace this @$#@(%* software.

Earlier in Firefox web-clipper there was possibility to clip directly to local notebook. How can I do it now???  I understand that you need money for eating bread, drinking tea, etc, but this is basic functionality. I have PC, I have browser, I have NAS with Evernote Database, all in one place, why should I send clips into my database thorough @$@(% servers??? Extra fee for extra functionality - this is what I can understand. 

If the answer on my qustion is - no, I can't, then do you understand, that you put your clients to doggystyle position, and tell them "pay or f### off"???

If you could only know, how many problems your software creates for me in theese latter days.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, usver said:

clip directly to local notebook

Which platforms are you using, and where are your local notebooks located
I have a local notebook on my Mac Mini computer
I'm usually working on other computers, or my iPad; I don't see a way to access my local notebook
I also don't see how this is a money situation.  The web clipper is available to all account levels

Windows OS, local notebooks are on my HDD (C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases).

About money situation - you have no choice except using fully cloud working. As you use ONLY cloud (this is the only way to get all your notebooks working on both platforms: Mac and PC), so sooner or later you will run out of your limit and you will pay for extending of your limit.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, usver said:

sooner or later you will run out of your limit and you will pay for extending of your limit.

Now I understand your point of view

You can avoid using the web clipper.  There are other methods to collect your web data

• Level 5*
Just now, usver said:

If you could share those methods, I would say a big thanks to you.

I'm on a Mac, so I can't be that helpful

You can print the web page to pdf, and import the pdf to Evernote
You can also do screen grabs of the web page

I am about to use Evernote on Mac Os. The only problem now is - how to move all my offline notepads to Mac OS without cloud syncing.

So, your advices may be very helpful. Thank you. 

Pdf - good way, but too complex (many actions), no way to easily edit such article.

Screen grabs - very good way, I use it for pictures. But grabbing the full page is impossible. No way of editing too...

Hmm, yeah. As you so aggressively put, companies should really forget profits and do everything for free.

Hey, I have an idea that will please your DIY heart. Request an Evernote developers key, learn the API, and roll your own clipper. You could also roll your own cross-platform sync tool.

There, fixed it.

• 11 months later...

I have found using snagit (with a capture preset to dropbox) as my capture tool and then dragging my png files into a note or notes in my local notebook works well.

OCR still works as expected. I can search my web images for text very with 99% confidence that I am getting all the results.

I don't know what OCR program EN uses or whether it is a home grown version but I do see it is very accurate.

Archived